The Flying Chair

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Blaze

The Flying Chair

Post by Blaze » Thu May 08, 2008 12:25 am

Trust me, I was really bored one day after class. I had an old desk with a pull-out keyboard shelf and I decided to use that to make a joystick base for my computer chair. I had an old Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D joystick, which IMHO has one of the most comfortable grips of any joystick I've ever used. And well, here's the result:

I've been using it for about a month and a half now, and I love it! This summer though things will get more serious with a full viper pit kit bought from Penny over at ViperPits.org.
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:30 pm

I must have missed this thread when it first went up. Good seating position- I was always partial to a center stick setup myself. I went to side stick when I got the TM F-22 and then Cougar. Before that I was sitting on a closet rack bent up to accommodate a Suncom F-15 center stick ;)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:38 pm

Burner wrote:Before that I was sitting on a closet rack bent up to accommodate a Suncom F-15 center stick ;)
LMAO... so redneck! :lol:
Last edited by Lawndart on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:15 pm

I really like the center-stick setup, it gives me a more solid formation hand to work with IMHO, being able to rest my elbow on my leg like the Blues. But hey I have no problem with a side-stick config either. :) Also, most of my formation flying is done in IL-2: 1946 anyways, so having a center-stick setup is more realistic for the era of aircraft I'm usually in. But it's pretty sweet to fly with in Lomac too. :wink:
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.