FSSB Help

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
RamRod

FSSB Help

Post by RamRod » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:20 pm

My FSSB modded Cougar is in trouble!! I thought I would ask for some assistance. During practice on Thursday I was rejoining the formation and in mid-pull I lost my Y axis. I only have my X axis now. I re-installed everything and still, no pitch. Any ideas on how to fix this??

Thanks,

Rod
Thumper
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Thumper » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:12 pm

Have you checked the analyzer in Foxy? Just wondering if you actually have a Y axis input that isnt showing up in-game or if your Y axis is actually FUBAR.

When you did the reinstall did you go through the process of adjusting the two infinite range pots on the FSSB so that you got a 325 value for the both the x and y axis?

Have you done a manual calibration in CCP?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to determine whether the Foxy Analyzer or CCP is giving you anything regarding your Y axis at all. If it is, its a problem with the game, very possibly your Y axis needing to be reassigned in the game controller options. I don't have any idea what could have caused that to happen though.

The other option is your FSSB is tweaked and needs to go back to RealSimulator to be replaced. Have you by any chance tried to contact RealSimulator?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:40 pm

Just for reference (as I already mentioned in my email), it could also be the CB in the Cougar, not necessarily the FSSB itself. Make sure to ground your CB, and short of checking for a current at various contactors - at least verify all the wires/plugs are appropriately attached as well as intact.

If you do end up sending your FSSB unit back to RS, be sure to send via Postal service and not Currier (or it will get stuck in Spanish customs and incur fees).
RamRod

Post by RamRod » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:04 am

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. A fellow teammate is dropping by today with his FSSB Cougar and we are going to try a few things. Mainly swapping out the CB's to rule that out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
RamRod

Post by RamRod » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:42 pm

:cry:
Confirmed...FSSB is taking a trip to Spain for the holidays....
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:46 am

I have a feeling my FSSB is making the trip soon here. The y axis has been spiking a tiny ammount and as of lately it will just sit there and spike from 308 to 380 when trying to calibrate it. I have to try swapping the cougar PCBs and cable first. I did try swapping the X and Y cables on the FSSB and the twitching followed to the x axis on the analyzer. I have an email into the company and am waiting back to hear some more ideas.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:40 am

Makes me think I need a spare...good thing I haven't been spending any money on gauges, switches, leds, wire, bulbs, post lights, potentiometers, knobs...and Alltel had Phones two for $10 so I could get Krista something for Christmas! :wink:
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:09 pm

My Y axis is not holding 330 raw value. :twisted: I set it before each flight and after, its 30-50 higher or lower :roll:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Make a little mark where the adjustment screw resides on the pot itself (on the FSSB CB), after flying see if the adjustment screw has physically moved or not? If there are no other erroneous indications with the unit, sounds less likely to be an electrical issue... (rather friction).
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:39 am

So I just purchased the FSSB, I can't wait until it comes in.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:43 am

Panther wrote:So I just purchased the FSSB, I can't wait until it comes in.
That's great news! Let us know when it arrives... we can help! ;)
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:44 am

Trust me, I will be sitting on the mail box waiting on this package. :D
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:50 pm

Got the FSSB R2 today :D and its installed, time to have some fun :D
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:00 pm

It seems my FSSB problem won't fix itself this time. The Y axis still refuses to hold a 330 raw value in the calibration.

I set the raw value at 329 before my last flight and after, it was 266! :? :x

@ Whack
You just went through returning yours, do you have a contact or any tips cause mine is going back for repairs... :cry:

BTW
I'm thinking of buying a second unit for backup.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:58 pm

@Redeye, have you searched Frugal's or RS forums to see if a similar case has been reported before? Either way get the ball rolling and contact RS support and remember to not ship your unit back via a currier, but normal mail (or they'll make you pay customs fee's).

Frugal's World of Simulations > Hardware > RealSimulator
realsimulator.com Forum