FSSB Resistance Calculator

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Thumper
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

FSSB Resistance Calculator

Post by Thumper » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:23 pm

I put together something for those of us on the team who want to get as close as possible to a .68 x/y ratio. The FSSB Resistance Calculator is an Excel spreadsheet that will allow you to enter (via dropdown boxes) choices for your resistance settings for your x and y axes (6, 8, 10, 21) in pounds and the actual number of pounds of resistance you want to feel in the y-axis of your stick. It then calculates the appropriate number of pounds of resistance fo the x-axis to give you the .68 ratio and gives you DZ Settings for CCP.

Some things to note:
  • You have to choose resistance settings that make sense otherwise the DZ numbers it gives you will be garbage (i.e. negative percentages or over 100 percent).
  • CCP will only allow you to increment your deadzone by 1% (it won't allow .25% or .5%) at a time, so I show both target and actual values in the spreadsheet for pounds of resistance and the actual final x/y ratio.
Download / Open file here: FSSB_Res_Calc.xls

EDIT: DL Link Updated 12/25/07

I am pretty sure my formulas are correct, but if anyone wants to doublecheck the math and let me know if something needs to be changed, I would appreciate it.

Here is a screenshot:

Last edited by Thumper on Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:15 pm

Awesome Thumper! :D

Next step: Implement the "measured resistance" row of values too, found from Gunner/Burner's "toys" attached to the stick. I like how you made what you have so far in reference to stock resistor settings; however, for the true fanatic we could add a "measured force" also. Of course, those guys would have to give you the measured baseline values for each resistor setting in order to do so...

Other than that, the artist in me wants to scream at the pixelation occuring with the banner up top! What size banner do you need? :lol:

Keep up the good work man!
Thumper

Post by Thumper » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:03 am

hehe...the "idiot" in me doesnt even know what to tell you regarding banner size. To be honest, I grabbed one from he website and just slapped it on there.

I hate to even ask this, but does the math look correct?
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:28 am

Nice work Thumper, this makes it so easy. Now to find my comfort zone.
Thumper

Post by Thumper » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:38 am

Thanks, Red. I'm glad you like it. I was hoping to take the guesswork/manual mathematical process out of the setup. I hate having to do the math.

If you, or anyone else, has suggestions for things that can be added, please let me know.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:40 am

Awesome stuff Thump! I will play around with it at several different points and post how it compares to actual scale measurements. :wink: