Playseats Racing Seats

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:03 pm

Rhino wrote:
Ells wrote:That's really sweet and great fun to see your number on the car screaming around the track.

So can we expect to see a synchornised racing formation display lol

Trail to diamond 360 handbrake

Opposing chicane break

hehe
There is one already, its called Talladega/Daytona Nascar Superspeedway racing.
:lol:
Ells

Post by Ells » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:12 am

hehe yeah, do you guys call that racing, or smash n grab lol
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:36 pm

Ells wrote:hehe yeah, do you guys call that racing, or smash n grab lol
Shake 'n Bake! Rubbins' racin'!
Phantoms Phorever!
Kato

Post by Kato » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:50 pm

OK, this is an official invitation to the VTB from the VBA to run a fun race on GTR2

I have no idea what the rules will/should be, but I figure we should be able to sort something out without needing a committee and 50 meetings :lol:

I know we have at least 4 VBA members that have GTR2, so how about it guys?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:24 pm

Do we even have anyone running GTR2? :? Everyone who's racing here is into rFactor... 8)
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:49 pm

Lawndart wrote:Do we even have anyone running GTR2? :? Everyone who's racing here is into rFactor... 8)
Whats the matter? Afraid your little Thunderchicken tail feathers might get smoked? :lol:
Phantoms Phorever!
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:00 am

I get enough of that driving to work everyday...I don't need it virtually. Ever heard of "Bloody" 98 near Pensacola?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:11 am

Striker, Hwy 98, a.k.a 192 in Orlando... Bloody Brits (tourists) that can't drive on the "right" side. :roll:

Rhino, tell your slow driving, tight drafting buddies to get rFactor so they can get lapped by our turnaround times! :wink:

Seriously though, I doubt anyone here has GTR2... :?:
Ells

Post by Ells » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:18 am

Hmmm and who was it that discovered the Americas??

Yep, us Brits!!!

It's you guys who drive on the 'wrong' side of the road :P

How about a car drving mod for LOMAC, there's one for FSX lol
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:04 am

Ells wrote:Hmmm and who was it that discovered the Americas??

Yep, us Brits!!!
Actually an Italian by the name of Christopher Columbus found the Americas. You guys just came over, claimed us as your own, then we said, "to hell with you and your taxes" and kicked you out....twice if I may recall. (Very loose historical adaptation but hey, it works right?)

(To be truthful, a man by the name of Leif Ericson from Norway is believed to have been the first explorer to find the Americas in approx. 1000.)
Ells wrote:
It's you guys who drive on the 'wrong' side of the road
So that explains why the rest of Europe (even the French!) drives on the "right" side of the road, and only the Brits in their infinite wisdom decided to be different. Sure makes sense to me. :roll:
Phantoms Phorever!
Ells

Post by Ells » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:30 am

Rhino wrote:
Ells wrote:Hmmm and who was it that discovered the Americas??

Yep, us Brits!!!
Actually an Italian by the name of Christopher Columbus found the Americas. You guys just came over, claimed us as your own, then we said, "to hell with you and your taxes" and kicked you out....twice if I may recall. (Very loose historical adaptation but hey, it works right?)

(To be truthful, a man by the name of Leif Ericson from Norway is believed to have been the first explorer to find the Americas in approx. 1000.)
Ells wrote:
It's you guys who drive on the 'wrong' side of the road
So that explains why the rest of Europe (even the French!) drives on the "right" side of the road, and only the Brits in their infinite wisdom decided to be different. Sure makes sense to me. :roll:
And didn't Columbus claim it for a Spanish Queen anyway lol
I like the brief history lesson too, very cool.

And what's with the Turkey thing, poor darn bird didn't do anything to hurt you guys...or is that Pocahuntas, i get confused easily lol

Yeah but look at Europe, got taken over by the Germans in the 40's, did they take good ole Blighty.....NOOO!!!

And don't get me started on the French :P

Disclaimer.....
Ells would like to fomally announce that he is not racist and gets on with all Marshans that visit our great planet....bweepmwhabloog
Burner

Post by Burner » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 am

Ells wrote:And don't get me started on the French :P

Disclaimer.....
Ells would like to fomally announce that he is not racist and gets on with all Marshans that visit our great planet....bweepmwhabloog
:? :?:

In anycase-

Kato, what GTR2 mods do you run over at the VBA? Like LD said none of us have GTR2, the five of us that race all use rFactor. We race the ALMS mod and FSONE 1.52.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Do any of the VBA have rFactor? If not, and since GTR2 is the newer game, how bout a race off. I'll go pick up GTR2 and the mod/track combination of your choice and the fastest VBA on four wheels picks up rFactor. We race twice in each game with a third race tie breaker if necessary, in the event that each person wins their respective game-race we have a last race tie breaker, flipping a coin to see which sim we use. That's a max 7 races, if we keep the number of laps per race low it shouldn't take more than an hour or so to complete.

We can work out the details b/f we race. I'm thinking simple rules- 10 laps a race, shared race set up, damage modelling on- gentleman's racing.

Any suggestions on other ways to solve this dilemma are welcome.
Kato

Post by Kato » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:13 pm

Burner wrote:Do any of the VBA have rFactor?

Not yet!

Burner wrote:how bout a race off. I'll go pick up GTR2 and the mod/track combination of your choice and the fastest VBA on four wheels picks up rFactor. We race twice in each game with a third race tie breaker if necessary, in the event that each person wins their respective game-race we have a last race tie breaker, flipping a coin to see which sim we use. That's a max 7 races, if we keep the number of laps per race low it shouldn't take more than an hour or so to complete.

LOL - so much for not needing 50 meetings and a committee - hehe :lol:

I think it will be far easier if we go get rFactor and try it out for a bit first before we race the one fun race! Interestingly, we actually have a "day job" where we have to go fly the mighty F/A-18 Hornet! :wink:

7 races sounds like a LOT of race practice, and not a lot of demo practice for my guys and girls at least!!
Burner

Post by Burner » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:33 pm

The idea was that each person picks their best mod and track so no extra practice would be needed and with quickie 10 lap races the whole process takes at most an hour, possibly as short as 4 races. It would be as much a connection test as a race off :lol:

Anyway- if you guys would like to pick up rFactor that works too :)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:33 am

Ahhh... Can't we keep the racing "opposite" of the flying, that is, no need to seek any perfection or practice, just GO FOR IT! 8)