F-16 Aces II Seat Kit Blowout Sale

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Metro

Post by Metro » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Just a followup on the seat I purchased.

PARTS DON'T MATCH!. I should have checked closer on the parts. Panther....check your parts. I am missing quite a few. I have new generation parts mixed with old generation parts. E-mailing Tejay is rediculously useless. No response from him. I am missing the entire top piece where the chute rig goes. Plus the seat bottom side panels do not even match up. I guess it is I either try to fabricate the parts myself or trash the whole thing. With my skill level, I fear I will end up taking this to the trash heap.

Gunner was nice enough to forward a copy of the instructions but it is for the old generation seat. I started comparing photos of the new kit with the instructions Gunner gave me and that is were I found the parts were not the same.

My advise for anyone thinking of purchasing from this poor excuse of a "retailer"...term used very loosly, is pay half up front and pay the rest upon successful receipt of the product.

Purchase at you own risk.

Metro
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:46 am

That's just ridiculous! Sorry to hear...

Metro, even if you cannot get things straightened out with Stang after a few more rounds of utter frustration, don't just throw your parts away! I'm sure between all of those in the community who have bought his kit, we could buy/sell parts from each other and at least a few people will be able to complete their kits.

I have no first hand personal experience dealing with Stang, so what I'm about to say is strictly based on my own perception of how my close friends and brothers here have been treated: Stang has been nothing short of a disgrace to the Pit Building community in how he deals with his customer group. He may have one of the best kits available, but when you send someone a lot of money for a service and product you expect either what you pay for or good communication to take place as to why things are delayed or if parts are missing, a quick response back with a solution of some sort... What a shame and disgrace to the community this is! I'm not going to take the plunge and buy a kit solely based on all the bad rep and feedback Stang has gotten here and in other sim forums. If Stang was an eBay seller, he would have been terminated a long time ago... :evil:

Again, I've never dealt with him myself, but I trust my fellow team mates judgment wholeheartedly! We're a very tight knit group of professionals here, Stang sounds like nothing of that kind...
Metro

Post by Metro » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:45 am

You are 100 percent correct Lawndart. I guess we learn from our mistakes. I hope that Stang will learn from this. The individuals here are honest and loving of this aviation art. We kind of feed off each other in the quest to have a great time at doing this and being successul in computer sim flying. It doesn't seem to be the same for him. I would just like to make sure if anyone has to deal with him to deal smartly. I did not deal with him smartly and trusted him to provide something I was purchasing that ended up being a false hope. It is amazing his skill and ability being short changed by his inablilty to possess any customer relation skills and provide good service to all he advertises to.

So here we are. Wondering if he even gets it?

I am looking at the kit closely to see if there is anyway I can salvage it. If not, I will not dump it and maybe I can help someone else complete their kit if I have the part they need. Just PM me if you in the same situation and I can probably help you out.

Metro
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:47 am

When I inspected my kit I found minor damage to one of the side pieces that runs vertical on the upper portion. Using the inventory sheet, I also found I was missing a doughnut and 4 oval pieces, along with no instructions or the seat alignment tool. I told Stang and his response was cut the oval pieces in half to create more.

Like I mentioned before the instructions are incomplete and for the wrong seat.

Watching other boards I see others are still waiting, sure is a shame.

P.S. I posted this from my phone, so there is bound to be errors in grammar or spelling, please excuse them. ;)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:29 am

Panther wrote:P.S. I posted this from my phone, so there is bound to be errors in grammar or spelling, please excuse them. ;)
Excuse??? I do all my posts from our Nintendo Wii......... :lol:

No really, I have done a few. It's kind of like iPhoning, but pointing a remote at the TV trying to type with something resembling TrackIR. Gets old real quick, but also helps keep my post count low......errr! :D

P.S. Sent by Mii on my Wii! :)
Metro

Post by Metro » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:33 pm

Seat alignment tool? I guess I have to add that to the list of things I am missing. :x I have been trying to eyeball the thing!!!!! :shock: He should have just sold me the wood and let me cut the dang thing out myself!!!
Metro

Post by Metro » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:34 pm

By the way, how does that seat alignment tool thingy work??
Metro

Post by Metro » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:52 am

I am not sure if this is a good deal, but there are 5 available. If you are looking for an O2 bottle for your seat project.

eBay: Oxygen bottle

Metro