F-16 Aces II Seat Kit Blowout Sale

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:50 pm

Wow, I was just about to order a kit too...:(
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Hopefully all this "flakiness" was just because his foot situation/surgery. He does provide a vary nice seat, as Gunner can attest to - let's hope for a speedy recovery and better communication once Stang is back again!
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Whack wrote: He apparently has broken his foot, and is having surgery on Wednesday.
Unless he asked for you to keep his injury private, you may want to pass that on to the rest at http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/show ... ost1513770
I was going to mention it in a post, but since I didn't get that information from him I decided not to.
Metro

Post by Metro » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:51 am

Hey everyone,

Not sure why this guy comes on advertising a product then does not deliver like any other retailer.

I have a story much like everyone else. He was very eager to take my money but when he had my money, never answered any of my e-mails confirming the transaction and delivery date.

After a little bit of "legal" proding, he answered my e-mails and gave me an excuse as he did with others but I eventually did recieve the seat.

Stang does make a good product and I had considered buying his F-16 tub, but after the incendent I had, I am reluctant to. I guess we will have to all treat him like we do "contractors". Negotiate a precentage down and pay the rest upon reciept.

If anyone wants to read the detail e-mail transactions I had, I do still have them. PM me and I will keep you informed so that you don't get the shaft as I did.

For Stang,
I know you are probably reading this and most here would probably like to have your product. I would like to have your "tub" but if you can't be honest with all of us here that are interested in you product or to purchase it, you probably should not advertise. Communication is the key. Let us know if you run into a snag and most will understand. We all have other careers and know that stuff we do on the side takes up alot of personal time. That is understandable. Most all of us are mainly concerned with information feedback, not empty e-mail resoposes.

Metro
Thumper
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Thumper » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:38 am

Metro wrote: For Stang.
I know you are probably reading this and most here would probably like to have your product. I would like to have your "tub" but if you can't be honest with all of us here that are interested in you product or to purchase it, you probably should not advertise. Communication is the key. Let us know if you run into a snag and most will understand. We all have other careers and know that stuff we do on the side takes up alot of personal time. That is understandable. Most all of us are mainly concerned with information feedback, not empty e-mail resoposes.
Metro
If nothing else, maybe refund people that bought seats but didn't receive them. If you can't provide the product in a timely manner there's no reason to hold people's hard earned cash...
Atlas

Post by Atlas » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:40 am

Definately agree with ya Thumper. It's bad enough some people have to save up and wait to get the seat, but to end up getting all excited and sending the money just to see nothing returned like you hoped just delays the process more and is iritating to say the least. :evil:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:20 am

For anyone waiting on kits, this just in...
Stang @ FighterOps.com wrote:Hey Guys

I'm alive...sorry for the delays. Between surgery and the dang flu I have been absolutley out of things.

If you are waiting on parts, please shoot me an email to tejay@sc.rr.co m (put the M back on com) and let me know what your waiting on.

I have several seat kits shipping this week, 1 cockpit and 3 sets of center pedestals. I should be all caught up in a week or so.

Sorry for the delays but finally getting my life and schedule back to some form of normalacy.

Tejay
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:01 am

@LD.
Just curious as to the forum that was posted on...I'm still thinking about ordering his HUD / instrument panel kit if he gets his act together. I sure would like to see Panther & Whack get their kits...
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:33 pm

As mentioned, he wrote it @ FighterOps.com :wink:
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:51 pm

DOH! Image
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:13 pm

Someone at FO deleted my post. I wasn't bashing Stang, I was just hoping to get his attention, but instead they deleted my post, geez... I hope I do get my seat, as he reported in my last conversation with him a few days ago via Text Messaging
Whack

Post by Whack » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:24 am

All,

I received a tracking number from Tejay yesterday and am awaiting delivery today. I am very pleased this is resolved, but wish it would have been easier. A little communication goes a long way.

Best of luck to all of you waiting for your seats.
Thumper

Post by Thumper » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:36 pm

That's great news Whack!! Good luck to Panther and everyone else on the waiting list.
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:10 pm

Whack wrote:All,

I received a tracking number from Tejay yesterday and am awaiting delivery today. I am very pleased this is resolved, but wish it would have been easier. A little communication goes a long way.

Best of luck to all of you waiting for your seats.

Now I am keeping my fingers crossed...
Atlas

Post by Atlas » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:07 am

Definitely will be watching this, as this has been keeping me from ordering the seat as of yet.