How To Build a Pit?

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups

How To Build a Pit?

Post by 6558796 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:19 pm

I am in a very good financial position, for a 13 year old at least, I am working, and making $10/hour. I want to build a pit, and im ready to spend money for it. Does any of you guys know a site with instructions, blueprints of one? Im getting a CH yoke, pedals, and joystick in 5 days, and they say it is the best. can anyone give me tips on what controllers and stuff to buy?

Thank You,
Nick
YSTB #1 Nick
YS Flight Thunderbirds
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:34 pm

I have found this link here very helpful in preparing materials and such for building my pit this summer. A lot of useful info here...

http://mypage.direct.ca/b/bsimpson/byoc~1a.html
Phantoms Phorever!

Post by 6558796 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:40 pm

Sweet, thanks rhino, is there any other sites out there, with useful stuff?
YSTB #1 Nick
YS Flight Thunderbirds
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:40 pm

Akers Barnes Cockpit (ABC). Easy to build, assemble and won't cost more than the hardware supplies and upholstery. Blueprints available through the site.

As for joysticks, I've heard good things about CH products - but if you intend to go the distance, a Cougar has greater potential!

You should look in the Desktop/Home Pit Photo Thread at the very top of this forum for pics and more links on home pits... it's a dozen pages long, but has good stuff in it!

Post by 6558796 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:48 pm

Thank you Lawndart, any other suggestions are welcome, looking at Lawndarts site now.....

I am probably gonna get the cougar. I've heard you guys use those for demos. My YSTB's are ordering 7 X52's from saitek. I'll take the cougar, lol.
My lead solo is using the CH combat stick.

EDIT: Aah, well, I think those are pretty hard to build, is there a more simple way? I don't really need a close to real life one, just something I could use. Heres something I found, Century Martial arts focus pads, and shields, act so well as cussions (im in martial arts), the fous pads can go behind the head, and the shields behind the back. They have straps on the back, so you can put a board through them.
YSTB #1 Nick
YS Flight Thunderbirds