Show your setup

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Velo

Post by Velo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:49 am

Great setup Redeye! Really like how you got the armrest for the joystick, I need one of those built. :shock:

Heres my setup, not the best, just a couple monitors/computers, TrackIR4 Pro, and the Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold, which will hopefully next month have the X-52 and custom built flight chair...

Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:08 am

Nice wallpapers there Colin :lol: :D
Phantoms Phorever!
Velo

Post by Velo » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:40 pm

:wink: Thanks, I thought you would like them...
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:54 pm

Racer wrote:Hey Gunner,

Do you have working gauges for say altimeter and artificaial horizon?
I have a box of different gauge kits from Simkits and was thinking about doing up a small panel with a few key gauges.
Last I read the Simkit gauges did not work with Lock-On and only FS2004.
Just curious.
I'm sorry Racer, I just realized I never answered your question...getting old & losing my mind. :roll: :wink:

My airspeed indicator is a working gauge from Simkits with custom bezel & can. When I say working, I mean MSFS - if anyone has them working in LOMAC, I'm not aware of it. No big deal for me however, you know my world is Boss's missile rail - only time I need to know airspeed or altitude is for 2 min. between High Bomb Burst & rejoin, and 90 sec. after pitch for landing. Everything I need is on the hud, unless I've traded paint with Boss or Burner & have a HUD failure. :wink:

Metro

Post by Metro » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 am

Gunner,

Just curious and maybe you've posted this before, but do you have your pedestal/panel swithches and gauges working with the CPU? I spoke with an individual that had a F-16 sim pit that had 20 of his switches working in conjuction with his sim programs. He was using a micro prosessor installed in his CPU ( I can't remember the product name and I have it written down somewhere with a web site address) that will alow up to 99 switches to be programed so that the realism of actually activating systems items with the switches vice keyboard strokes. I would like to know if it is worth the effort to explore this in building a pit?

Metro
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:41 am

@Metro -
I use the KE-USB36 from Hagstrom Electronics. It is a programmable interface that allows you to assign any keystroke or combination of [ctrl], [alt], [shift] and you can specify repeating or not so momentary switches are not needed. It has 36 inputs, and two can be linked together on the same configuration. So far, I'm using only 29 of the
72 available, but as I wire in new switches, it's a simple matter of wiring the switch into an available input, firing up the software, and assigning the keystrokes. If you need more than 72, you just add another on a separate USB port. 8)
Unfortunately, LOMAC isn't friendly as far as sending info back the other way, so I don't have any instruments providing feedback from the sim. Most of the guys building serious pits fly Falcon, which allows them to have everything functional. Little by little, I will be setting up my pit for full functionality in Falcon (or Fighter Ops :wink: ), but for now, all I care about are the functions we use as VTB.
Metro

Post by Metro » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:22 am

Thanks for the info.
Metro
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:18 pm

Here is my pit v1.2. Version 1.0 and 1.1 were modification that shorten the length,
added more shelves and eliminate the wires running every where. V1.2 has the
vast majority of the wiring under the shelves and out of site.

Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:41 pm

VERY nice Stephanie! Tell me about your ICP and MFD.
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:52 pm

Gunner wrote:VERY nice Stephanie! Tell me about your ICP and MFD.
Just the CH Products MFP. Program to any function you want, the image is just a picture behind the plastic. I wish it had the ability to display in game information on it.
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:52 am

Panther, you've got me wanting to get back into the AF/Red Viper arena again, I take it that thats a Dr' Stopworks cockpit on your screen? How easy are those CH panels to set up?
Phantoms Phorever!
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:06 am

Not Dr Stops pit, that is the 3D beta cockpit that Zerk is developing. The CH panels are cake, easier than the Cougar.

If you are curious about Zerk's pit and what is different, check this out:

It isn't 6DOF or clickable but looks better.
Razor-71

Post by Razor-71 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:28 am

Panther wrote:Here is my pit v1.2. Version 1.0 and 1.1 were modification that shorten the length,
Wow! Really nice Panther, you use Falcongauges, mee too!! You run Falcongauges on the same pc of the simulator or you have another pc linked with your main?
This was my flying 'pit' some months ago...

Now I'm trying to change something (joystick first... I'm looking for a Cougar finally...!!!)... I use Falcongauges on the same pc that runs Open Falcon, and seems to work very good... ;)
I tried also to use Falcongauges on the upper monitor, but using it in the lower it's more 'realistic' (like in the real Viper, the instruments are under the main console)... but I make many changes...
I tried to use two lcd with horizontal extended desktop, but it worked no good, the HUD was exactly cut between the two screens and flying in this mode was very complicated. :D
Now I'm using only one 19" lcd... the second is waiting its final position at my post office....
shylock

Post by shylock » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Awesome setups fellas.
Scott "Shylock" Berge
#7 Narrator
FSX Blue Angels
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 am

Razor-71 wrote:
Panther wrote:Here is my pit v1.2. Version 1.0 and 1.1 were modification that shorten the length,
Wow! Really nice Panther, you use Falcongauges, mee too!! You run Falcongauges on the same pc of the simulator or you have another pc linked with your main?
Seperate computers.