Thundervision @ airshows

Discussions about the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Thundervision @ airshows

Post by Lawndart » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:26 pm

So, rumor has it the Thunderbirds will deploy big jumbo-tron like screens at (select?) venues this year with live in-cockpit footage and more during their airshows. Same as they had in Vegas at the end of last season! I certainly look forward to seeing them again now. Hello, Thundervision!

Only a few more weeks until I get to pack the airshow gear and go be a kid again!

Check out the Aviation Nation videos from Nellis last year in the one of the stickies to see what I'm talking about. That show looked pretty bad-ass!

Lawndart
Sinister

Post by Sinister » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:39 pm

Yes. This is a good thing.. They did have it at the past Aviation Nation Airshow here at Nellis.. But the True Sight Video shots were done in between other camera shots.. so it was REALLY cool looking through the eyes of the SLOT PILOT during the TRAIL TO DIAMOND Manuevers.. Seeing how fast they split. then 4 comes shooting up on bosses ass then throttles back like he hit his brakes.... then some of the loops from True Sight were really cool.. But if they do just dedicated cameras and displays from each jet without interruption.. that would be great.. a real joy..
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:26 am

A while ago I bought a Thunderbirds video on tape with the history of the Thunderbirds. On this tape they also show slot pilots POV and then you really see they fly CLOSE! :twisted: They were still flying with the F4 Phantom though the manouvers are still the same nowdays.
Very cool tape, still love to watch it!
scooter

Post by scooter » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:34 pm

LD,

Will you be at the Ft. Smith, AR airshow? I am going to try my best to make it.

Scooter
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:53 pm

Likely not! No plans on traveling that far (from Florida) for an airshow. The only one I plan on going to that's far away is Aviation Nation in Las Vegas, otherwise I'll be hitting the ones around my neck of the woods or if one happens to coincide with visiting people around the country?

LD
scooter

Post by scooter » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:04 pm

Oh ok...the reason I asked was because you said just a few more weeks and I figured you were going to their first show over in Ft. Smith. I'd like to try and make their last show...

Scooter
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:07 am

Gotcha. I'm going to the 2nd public show in Punta Gorda, hence a few more weeks! :wink:

LD
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:43 pm

Here, Portugal, i live near porto, a north capital , i heard of an airshow comming up 7, 8 ,9 in 1 month from now, there are several crap has small planes power demonstraction [ what ? power demonstraction , WTF ? , u mean climb , descent, roll , .... ] , then a few other crap n more a f16 fly by , to be honest , if this was actualy goin to appen , there would be alot of folks on our v small airport, i realy doubt this will actualy appen, but let's pray for it to appen :)
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
Airshow fan

Post by Airshow fan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:21 pm

I mailed the Thunderbirds and they said if the sites wanted to use them they could. He said it was left up to the airshow cordinator to use them or not .
WCD-01/WILDCAT

Post by WCD-01/WILDCAT » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:20 am

Hey guys, Wildcat here from FS9's demo team and the runner of southern air show photos, im scheduled to see the thunderbirds at either the end of the month or halfway through may, you can check out my upcoming air shows on my site. sadly i couldnt not make the weekends Punta Gora Air show but im loooking to add one more to the list and that is the blue angels homecoming in pensacola. keep up the work guys and hope you check out my site. www.airshow.4t.com
WCD-01/WILDCAT(BOSS)
2005/6 FREEDOM FOREVER TOUR