Repost of T-Bird Crash

Discussions about the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron
lqcorsa

Repost of T-Bird Crash

Post by lqcorsa » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:57 am

hmm, I've watched this a few times, not sure what they are saying after they eject though, a transcript would be nice! If I'm not mistaken this is the same crash:
http://www.michaelworth.com/photos/T_Bird_6_eject.jpg

I live in Seattle and I got some connections with Boeing People, I'm looking into getting a panel (no gauges) for a 737 or maybe 777 and making a simulator, you can get some cheap stuff there if you know the right guys :P
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:22 am

Iqcorsa,

After the accident #7 immediately told all the other tbirds to "Knock it off" meaning quit the show untill further instructed. They respond by Boss "1's knocking off", "2's knocking off" and so on. This ensures that the rest of the team are aware of 7's call and abort their routine and await further instructions from ground. Obviously they saw the smoke shortly their after and figured it out but regardless this call is probably one of the biggest safety calls to make while the team is in the air.

Either way it was a terrible mishap and I wish the Thunderbirds a safe and great 2006 season!

5's clear
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:38 pm

THANKS! Thats what I thought they said but I wasn't sure what that was.
Blackhawk10

Post by Blackhawk10 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:14 pm

Deffinatly a late post here, but did any of you hear of what happened at the Chicago Air and Water show of 2005? Thunderbirds collided over Lake Michigan! Number 4 bumped into three in the diamond. Knocked a missile rail off. I was working a tent for the CAP at the time and actually got to help direct the search crews in the water to try and find the missile rail. 8)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:45 pm

I'm sure there are several posts in this forum somewhere about the Chicago incident. So, do you know if the rail was ever found?

LD
Blackhawk10

Post by Blackhawk10 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:56 pm

Not sure, but I don't think so. It had been about 10 minutes before a team was even out in the water. If it wasn't buried under sedement on the bottom, it would've been swept out by the current I'm sure.
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:58 am

The repost of the picture isn't the whole original picture. The version I have shows a lot more of the crowd and a person gets a better perspective of the crowd and what was around.

Rotorblade