Lewis-McChord - July 21-22, 2012

Discussions about the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron
Robin Hood

Lewis-McChord - July 21-22, 2012

Post by Robin Hood » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi all!

I will be so lucky as to see the Thunderbirds perform at the Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA this July. Will be my third time seeing them (in Belgium and in Cheyenne, WY, both last year). I hope to finally get to see that Diamond Loop-on-take-off!
Any news about this year's program, if it has changed at all?

Also, I'll be seeing the Navy rivals shortly after for the first time, it will be interesting. That will be a nice month for sure!

Cheers from French Polynesia!
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:43 am

From a spectators observation, the demonstration hasn't changed very much from last year. The team this year has been trending high-shows on Saturdays and low-shows on Sundays, depending on weather though of course. Aside from that, have fun and enjoy the show!
Robin Hood

Post by Robin Hood » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Thank you! I am looking forward to see if they do both the high and the low shows. I have seen a shortened low-show in Belgium because the weather was growing crappy on the second day (by the time they landed, it was raining like hell).
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:23 pm

I don't think there's any real trend aside from the weather dictating what show they fly. As we know a high show requires an 8,000-foot ceiling and they're hell-bent these days on executing whatever the official weather report says (even if the skies appear mostly clear they could fly a low show).