Vectren Dayton Air Show 2011

Discussions about the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron
SilentEagle
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Vectren Dayton Air Show 2011

Post by SilentEagle » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Seeing the Thunderbirds this weekend, back from their European Tour. Anyone else heading out to the show?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:26 am

Wish I was going. I considered flying up there, but I'm only off for the weekend, feeling somewhat beat up in between two heavy 4-day trips.

I'm sure it will be a great show. The lineup looks awesome! Sounds like the Thunderbirds are pumped to be back on the road again on home turf. Enjoy the show and let us know how it was! :D

P.S. SE, you don't have a scanner, do you?
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:34 am

I wanted to go as it's close to home for me. With the new job, it wasn't an option this year.
SilentEagle
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by SilentEagle » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:34 pm

No, LD, I don't. The lineup was indeed awesome and the Thunderbirds were great as well. They flew a high show, which was a first for me in the years I've been attending. It was fairly cloudy and off/on small rain showers throughout the day until the Thunderbirds started their engines. The clouds shoved off and we had a clear sky afterwards. Had to endure near 105 heat index, but it only made the wait worth it. Number #3's jet was determined to not be airworthy and had to taxi back and grab a backup before takeoff.

The B-1 was also impressive on takeoff. Never heard one plane rumble so much!