Show Counting

Discussions about the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron
FutureThunderbird

Show Counting

Post by FutureThunderbird » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:23 pm

I was watching the Langley webcast today and after Tbirds Maj. Mulhare said it was their 11th show of the season. Of course I had to check this and I'm wondering how he got 11...

1. Creech
2. Luke
3. Luke
4. MacDill
5. MacDill
6. Keesler
7. Keesler
8. Ceiba
9. Cebia
10. Langley

I'm wondering do they count the acceptance show as 1, or did they count one of their practice shows on site as a performance? I'm just curious where that other show came from?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:34 pm

I suppose the acceptance show counts as a show day, technically it is. My guess would be any time they wear the blue suits.

Thunderbirds excel in acceptance show!

Let me elaborate further. Should they count all their practice shows, it would have been a much greater number by now! If I remember correctly, I think the team performs a minumum of 4 shows (total) per week and every maneuver in the repetoir has to be flown at least once every 21 days (hence why they usually add-on the low show maneuvers such as the EPIR and LOW BB during practice day). The practice shows obviously don't count as official demonstrations though, although that has no bearing on the team's currency, only the record keeping of official air demonstrations flown to date.
FutureThunderbird

Post by FutureThunderbird » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks LD that is what I figured.