Thunderbirds F-84 Thunderstreak

Discussions about the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron
Kato

Thunderbirds F-84 Thunderstreak

Post by Kato » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:05 pm

I was at the Pima Air & Space Museum this weekend, and ran across this guy... A Thunderbirds F-84F Thunderstreak. I thought you might enjoy these pics :) :

Of course, there was also something for us too!! :wink: An F-11 Tiger:

Some of you may recognize this which was sitting right behind the Thunderstreak - A Swiss Hunter (remind me to post the VFAT Hunter Loop pics - lol):
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks for sharing Kato! I'll have to go there sometime. Gunner and Bon have been there a few times...

Gunner's visit to the Pima Air & Space Museum
Bon & Gunner meet a legend (The late Lt. Col Ralph "Hoot" Gibson[/url]).
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:59 am

Kato-
I wish I had known you were going to be in the desert, I would have hooked you up with "Wildcat" my friend that is in charge of all the displays at PASM. He can provide a pretty amazing "back stage pass" ...next time! :wink:
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:12 am

Nice pictures! :D I spy an Aero Spacelines B-377PG Pregnant Guppy! 8)
Kato

Post by Kato » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:18 am

Gunner wrote:Kato-
I wish I had known you were going to be in the desert, I would have hooked you up with "Wildcat" my friend that is in charge of all the displays at PASM. He can provide a pretty amazing "back stage pass" ...next time! :wink:
That would have been very cool! Actually though, it was a last minute spur of the moment type thing, as I was planning to go out to El Centro where the Blues are doing their winter training. Turns out the team members can't accept visitors until February, so I headed to Tucson instead!

I'll be back here again in early Feb, so if the Blues are still under the "no visitors" rule, then I'll give you a shout :)
Last edited by Kato on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kato

Post by Kato » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:25 am

Blaze wrote:Nice pictures! :D I spy an Aero Spacelines B-377PG Pregnant Guppy! 8)
Indeed - and in full glory along with a Boxcar and Vomit Comet, amongst others...

Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:48 am

Gunner wrote:Kato-
Better invite me next time too. :lol: :wink: Pima is a great place. I have taken the kids there many times. Well worth it.