Show Script

Discussions about the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron
FutureThunderbird

Show Script

Post by FutureThunderbird » Tue May 08, 2007 6:55 pm

Hey guys....

I'm compiling a script of the 2007 Thunderbird Airshow narration. I'm trying to get as close as possible through the use of numerous videos. I'm not quite done yet but have the harder parts out of the way. I'll be done with it by this weekend and if you would like a copy of it in word format let me know. By the way sorry if there is a script already out there cuz I don't know about it, I just thought it would be nice to have it all typed out.

By the way I've done it before and it turned out very nice I just accidentally deleted it...lol.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue May 08, 2007 7:35 pm

Feel free to email me: lawndart@virtualthunderbirds.com if you want to compare notes. I have the entire '06 narration script verbatim on paper and I'm familiar with the minor '07 nuances in my head...
FutureThunderbird

Post by FutureThunderbird » Tue May 08, 2007 7:38 pm

o cool lawndart didn't know someone else had it, you mind just sending me your copy? my email is mattsorensen@cableone.net. I'd like the 2006 version cuz only about half of my type up is coming from 07, the rest is 05.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: lol sry just noticed u said on paper, nvm then....any chance you could scan it though?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue May 08, 2007 7:39 pm

Remind me at the end of the week after I get back from my trip - Ok!
FutureThunderbird

Post by FutureThunderbird » Tue May 08, 2007 7:44 pm

okay thats fine, by the way I dont really feel the need to spend another hour playing and pausing videos just to get all of this on paper when lawndart can just send it to me so I don't think I'm gonna finish it.

And lawndart when would the end of the week be, lol...Friday? Sunday?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue May 08, 2007 7:49 pm

This week my "Friday" is actually a Thursday... :wink:
FutureThunderbird

Post by FutureThunderbird » Tue May 08, 2007 7:51 pm

haha now you're just confusing me...I guess I'll just remind you on Thursday.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue May 08, 2007 8:00 pm

In the airline business we call our last day of the trips "Friday" (the first being "Monday"), regardless of which day of the week it falls on! :wink:
FutureThunderbird

Post by FutureThunderbird » Tue May 08, 2007 8:03 pm

o lol didn't know you were an airline pilot...what airline do u fly for and what aircraft?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue May 08, 2007 8:14 pm

FutureThunderbird wrote:What airline do u fly for and what aircraft?
Little OT, but here's my bird... 8)

FutureThunderbird

Post by FutureThunderbird » Tue May 08, 2007 8:20 pm

ahh delta connection you'll have to let me know if you ever make a trip up here to Fargo, we have 1 flight daily and delta is adding another soon and they're both on crj's.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue May 08, 2007 8:36 pm

Our code share doesn't operate any flights to Fargo at this time, so it's likely ASA or Comair since you said it's on the Canadair. Also, to find out more about who's on the Virtual Thunderbird team and what we do IRL you can check out: http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Pilotsmain.html (Just click on each plane/number for Bios).
FutureThunderbird

Post by FutureThunderbird » Tue May 08, 2007 8:50 pm

o ya I suppose I should have realized you fly outta Atlanta. Well I know that Delta is also looking at adding flights from Atlanta, but I'm not sure if they'll use CRJ's for that flight because its pretty long.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue May 08, 2007 9:04 pm

Well, actually I'm based in Orlando, but we operate flights out of Atlanta, JFK and Cincinnati as well. We could easily do the Fargo turns from some of our hubs, but it's based on demand and pax loads. I mean, most Delta flights between Atlanta and Orlando are on the 76 while we fly Orlando to Illinois, Ohio etc in the ERJ. Distance doesn't always dictate equipment type. Then there are other code shares who fly routes we presently don't, although that changes month to month...
RFDGuy

Post by RFDGuy » Wed May 09, 2007 4:13 am

Hey LD you ever flown into RFD?.....I know Comair has a maintenance contract with Emery Air in Rockford....see those birds coming in and out quite a bit.

RFDGuy