Rockford Airshow Pictures

Discussions about the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron
BonJobie
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by BonJobie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:30 am

Grab said, "One can almost here the guy scream HHHEEEELLLPPP!!! as he tears around the airspace in burner to get in position for his next maneuver,"

Hey LD and Striker, does this sound familiar!!???? :D You gotta love a show that quickly changes from a "Delta" demo to a "Stinger" demo!!

Thanks Grab! We can relate!

Bon
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:43 am

RELATE? All to well boss! Was it not my jet on the last live show that had major problems and I had to go to the spare....I would definitely say although we dont experience near the G's, we certainly have all the other categories down pat when it comes to making a show happen in the air, especially when Im in full burner turning the outer marker knowing Im already stretched 10 for my hit just by hearing the tone of your voice. Dont count out LD's sneak pass either....that boy probably burns more jet fuel setting that thing up after our 4 point than any of us! :wink:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:47 pm

STRIKER wrote:...Dont count out LD's sneak pass either....that boy probably burns more jet fuel setting that thing up after our 4 point than any of us! :wink:
Depends on your timing for the Op4P, Lead Solo! He he... :wink:

Aside from that I think we all know who burns the most JP-8 in the virtual skies!!! Ha ha!!! (...Mmmmaxxx Turrrn, Half Cuban Maaaaaan). :lol:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:25 am

Video uploaded at Patrick's from the awry show Saturday when No. 5 had the birdstrike.

USAF Thunderbirds at 2006 Rockford AirFest
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:14 am

Thank you for finding that.....what you cant tell from the camera was that right as they were doing the diamond 360 it started to rain like hell........You can also see in there what an aborted arrowhead roll looks like. :? :?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:53 am

I noticed that! Amazing how they still keep the pace and interval timing (even after aborting/changing a profile), regardless of what mother nature and other FOD throws at them! 8)

Too bad the video wasn't better quality. Not too sure I understand why Patrick's went to FLV files (flash video), unless strictly because of size/bandwidth? Used to be all WMV and AVI's...
Tomcatboy48237

Post by Tomcatboy48237 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:38 pm

He changed it mostly because of codec issues. Since the goal of the site is to make it easy to share stuff, he went with the .flv file so that all of the videos could be played online by everyone regardless of what software they have installed. I don't think anyone really agrees with the whole aviation themed YouTube idea, but he's stuck by it.
Airshow fan

Post by Airshow fan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:21 pm

Great looking video. Reminds me of going to Indy to see them.

It was diferent seeing an aborted arrow head roll, and did you notice that Maj. Clark messed up his narration a little bit on the Bon Ton?

Looks good.
RFDGuy

Post by RFDGuy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:29 pm

Thought I'd restart this thread a bit...glad to hear the T-Birds had a good time in Rockford, hopefully we'll be able to have you guys back again in the near future. It was awesome being able to see three different shows all three days.. :D. Glad to hear everything was ok after the birdstrike too. Hey grab6303 are you still part of the team for the 07 season?...If so let us know how the European trip goes that sounds like it would be a good time.

RFDGuy