[2006-04-03] Airshow Promo 2006 Video

Official Team News
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

[2006-04-03] Airshow Promo 2006 Video

Post by Lawndart » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:41 pm

Virtual Thunderbirds Airshow Promo 2006

It's time to show what we do, what we've been up to and what we'll be bringing to a screen near you very soon! This promotional video showcases our type of flying, upcoming full length feature presentation and the kind of live demo coming directly into your home in '06! We know we've been quiet for some time and this is only a small amount of what we have in store for airshow season 2006. This is our way of kicking it off with this promotional video. Thunderbirds Let's Run 'em Up!

A special thanks to our sponsor and partner, Thrustmaster and Guillemot Inc.

Additional news
*Uploaded on our audio page are brand new, 2006 Real World Comms from the Florida International airshow in Punta Gorda, FL.
Last edited by Lawndart on Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:51 am, edited 12 times in total.
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:49 pm

Looks great, keep up the great work!

Maybe in the future we can invite you to fly with us. :D

Rotorblade
Virtual Snowbirds
scooter

Post by scooter » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:35 pm

great vid!! really well done, LD! I love how it has transparent cockpit shots with the exterior shot of the maneuver.

keep 'em coming!

Scooter
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:41 pm

Great stuff guys.. Looking really good... Look forward to the movie!!!
Funky

Post by Funky » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:27 am

Very very well done, Virtual Thunderbirds! Also thanks a lot LD for such a great job on putting the video together!

I've watched it many times over and over and will continue watching it over and over :wink:

Funky
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:45 pm

I've been lurking on your forums for a while now, but just wanted to register to say thanks for yet another great video. One thing I've noticed though in the last two teaser videos is that you have done away with the sounds of the jets themselves. Was that a conscious decision or more of a "just the way it happened" for those videos? IMHO, a large part of the attraction to something like a Thunderbirds airshow is the raw power of the jets involved, and nothing conveys that power quite like the sound of those screaming engines. Seeing the jets flying around silently with nothing but an audio track playing seems incomplete to me. Personally I'm hoping to see you return to mixing the audio tracks with the engine sounds in future videos. Just my two cents. Regardless, this was another amazing video, I eagerly look forward to your future work.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:06 pm

Right on! For the new full feature movie with extended shots, sound FX is high on the list. It just doesn't work well with 1-2 second clips as seen in the promo/trailers.

Thanks for the comments!
LD
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:06 pm

Good point, with the amount of jumping around from one shot to the next in the teasers the engine sounds would break the flow of the video. Good to know we will be hearing the jets in all their glory in the longer production.
[SH]Falcon

Post by [SH]Falcon » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:04 pm

WoW, great video! :)

See us,
Falcon
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:19 pm

about time already :lol: :lol: :lol:, hey awesome video n all , you guyz make it look like if it waaas sooooo eaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy, neys ways awesome work !11.
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
Rotorblade

Re: 04/03/2006: Airshow Promo 2006

Post by Rotorblade » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:27 am

Lawndart wrote: Additional news
*Uploaded on our audio page are brand new, 2006 Real World Comms from the Florida International airshow in Punta Gorda, FL.
What happened to the other audio show that was up there?

Rotorblade
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:08 pm

The Music Score and Narration was taken down from the host site. The other comms still work, but the Daytona '01 comms are hotlinked from another site and not in zip format, so unless you "Right click to save" it will play the file directly through IE and it may seem as if it doesn't work until it's loaded.

LD
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:39 am

I have heard that song at the start before, on the movie Team America.
JaBog32_Dirty
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by JaBog32_Dirty » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:30 am

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Guys, that is unbelievable!!!

I'm sure the average fligtsimming Joe will not be able to immagine the huge amount of work you put in this movie, because it simply looks so easy.
...but that's a demo pilots job, to make the flying look easy.

You did a great Job!!!!

...uh, and I heard that there was going to be a "Virtual Thunderbirds sticker"?
Could I get one? I just got a new flightkit, and it desperately needs a few stickers :-)

CYA, Dirty
It's not the speed that kills you... it's the sudden stop!
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:35 pm

Hey Dirty!

Long time no see, good to have you posting on the boards again. This trailer is just a teaser for the full movie that we are about to wrap up.

Unfortunately all the Tbird stickers went to the CompUSA Cougar boxes; all we have is pictures. :cry:

On a side note you had a huge influence on our flight stick setup after you left. LD took the first leap and bought an FSSB and it was all downhill from there ;) Now five of us have them, myself included. They make flying simultaneously more precise and more enjoyable. I'm glad you were able to showcase it to us while you were on the team.

Don't be a stranger on the forums; we should have Cinch turn out a retired Tbird Sig for you :D