[2006-02-01] Thrustmaster Sponsorship

Official Team News
BonJobie
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

[2006-02-01] Thrustmaster Sponsorship

Post by BonJobie » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:56 am

Partnership between Thrustmaster and the Virtual Thunderbirds

On behalf of the entire Virtual Thunderbird organization I would like to announce a groundbreaking partnership between the Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC and Guillemot Inc., makers of the Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar F-16 flight stick. We are honored to be the first virtual demonstration team to endorse a top of the line product such as the HOTAS Cougar. Each of our pilots uses the HOTAS Cougar, and all Cougar sticks sold in Comp USA stores will feature a sticker of our Diamond formation on the box that states "Used exclusively by the Virtual Thunderbirds".

In addition to endorsing what we feel is the best stick available, this partnership will allow the Virtual Thunderbirds to reach the lofty goals we have set for ourselves such as hosting our own live airshows, continued production of the finest airshow demonstration movies in the industry and the possibility of appearing "live" at certain trade and airshow venues.

We appreciate the interest all of you have shown over the past year. This partnership demonstrates to the entire aviation community that we are serious about maintaining the level of Virtual Thunderbird perfection that we strive for each and every day.

Smoke on, Ready NOW!

Bon Jobie
Commander/Leader | The Virtual Thunderbirds
Tomcatboy48237

Post by Tomcatboy48237 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:41 am

Sweet! Congrats guys!
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:47 pm

That's awesome, you think you can send me a sticker? :D
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
BonJobie

Post by BonJobie » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:17 pm

I wish we could! We don't even have any yet!! But we will!

Bon
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:10 pm

Jeeeez, that's cool :D Congrats from me too guys. Keep up the good work :)
Funky

Post by Funky » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:09 pm

That's very awesome guys! Congrats!

I'm looking forward to sticking your stickers on our cougars in CompUSA! :P (if they havent already done it :? )

Funky

PS. Bon, please tell us a little more about Virtual Thunderbirds becoming an official organization. I didn't know you were one... And what is different about you guys now? Excuse my inattention if you've already talked about this subject before. Thank you.
Cobra

Post by Cobra » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

We are a registered company now as we had to be to hold this contract with Guillemot.

Bon got the corner office...:)
Convertible

Post by Convertible » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:02 pm

Bon got the corner office. But I think we all got pretty good offices with great views :lol: :wink:

Convertible
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:56 am

Wow, you guys GOTTA feel good. Thats incredible! I really need to get my hands on one of those. lol, I bet you guys could walk around with those stickers and just be like, yeah, thats me, no big deal :wink: . You guys have really come a long with your team and every one of the Virtual Thunderbirds, and all virtual flight teams should have something to be very proud of. I've heard random people in electronic stores talking about you before. You guys have a lot of talent to show everybody and I know its only going to get better for you guys. I as well have been a major fan of big flight teams all my life and I attend every flight team/demo team show I can (in my area) lol. Those cougars are not cheap either, I bought the X-52 thinking it was the top of the line joystick out there, next thing I know I'm finding myself over correcting, and bouncing up and down with this loose thing! It would be awesome to get in on some of this virtual flying, but I'm not sure where to go! I've tried going on UBI.com online before but they all use 1.02 and I have 1.1 :( lol, however one of my buddies who lives across the street is getting into the virtual flying and I hope to get some LAN practice in before to much longer. Just a question about the music track you guys have for the new F-16 mod. Are those radio transmissions in the start u guys? Keep up the great show! One more thing. Do you guys do virtual air shows often? If you do I'd like to check it out. I'm training to become a USN pilot right now. Just a suggestion, have you guys ever thought of making a TS server? I think it would be a good idea, (while taking consideration it would be less, well, professional, no offense though I think you guys are great.) :lol: . Good job guys.

Just an edit, by virtual airshows duh, that's basically what your movies are, I meant live airshows.
PS: How do you guys have a office if you're all located in different areas? (or are you) :lol:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:47 am

lqcorsa wrote:Good job guys.
Thanks!
Just a question about the music track you guys have for the new F-16 mod. Are those radio transmissions in the start u guys?
No, they are the real Thunderbirds from '04. Chandler, Smith, Burns, Beckley, Canterbury and Zamzow; however, we sound almost just as cool as they do! :wink:
Do you guys do virtual air shows often? I meant live airshows.
Not yet! As most of you are aware of, we're working on our long overdue, much anticipated movie and more, but live online airshows are definitely high on the list of things for the future. We hope to have the means to host them in place soon and after some testing and show practice, we really want to do this! 8)
Just a suggestion, have you guys ever thought of making a TS server?
Nope, but possibly creating a Ventrilo server for the purpose of hangin' out with you guys and allowing people like yourself to connect, meet others with the same interest and share IP's to fly. We're not thinking TS...

Hope that answers your questions!
Lawndart

P.S. I wish I had the corner office! Bon is a lucky man, but he deserves it after all the relentless work he's put in!
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:31 pm

Thx LD! :D
Imdbombboarder

Post by Imdbombboarder » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:34 am

I'm a bit late, but congrats!
-Kevin-
Shots

Good Job S!

Post by Shots » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:15 am

Hey guys excellent job with the sponsorship guys!
Pete "Shots" Petrosino
lieutfunaki

Post by lieutfunaki » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:50 am

Wow, congrats guys. It almost makes me wish I'd waited to by my hotas just for the sticker. ;-)
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be good.®

Athlon 64 3200+, 3 GB DDR 400, GeForce 7600GS 512MB, 21" monitor