[2005-11-11] New Team Members Selected - Redeye & Rock

Official Team News
BonJobie
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

[2005-11-11] New Team Members Selected - Redeye & Rock

Post by BonJobie » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:28 pm

On behalf of the entire Virtual Thunderbird organization I would like to announce the selection of 2 new Team members: Tab "Redeye" Harris and Reid "Rock" Martin. Both of these pilots have gone through our rigorous selection process and have shown all of us their skill and commitment as well as their dedication to making the Virtual Thunderbirds even better. They will now enter our current training season as "spare pilots" and will no doubt have their eyes on filling slots for the demo team in the future. Once again great job, guys and we look forward to flying and working with you on our future projects :D
Last edited by BonJobie on Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:42 pm

Welcome onboard guys! You guys have truly raised the bar very high for future candidates. Pleasure working with ya'll and I'll be looking forward in continuing seeking that elusive perfection with you guys now on the squad.

Lawndart
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:05 pm

Welcome aboard Rock and Redeye! For those who dont know these two individuals definitely earned their patch and will be a great benefit to the VTB and like LD said have raised the bar for the team and any future newcomers.

Congrats again!
Convertible

Post by Convertible » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:33 pm

I want to add my sincere welcome to you both as well. Having had a lot of time with you both in the air I know you are very qualified to recieve the patch. You have definately worked hard in learning all the parameters, callouts etc and are very deserving. It has been great flying with you both and I look forward to more opportunities in the future. Welcome to the team.

Convertible
Rock

Post by Rock » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:53 pm

I just want to start off by saying thank you to every Team Member of the Virtual Thunderbirds! It is an absolute honor to have been accepted into your organization. The past two months have been the highlight of my virtual flying experience and I look forward to the future and the challenges to come.

When Redeye and I decided to tryout for the team we weren't exactly sure what to expect. I can honestly say that this group of individuals has exceeded my expectations in every aspect. Everyone has been helpful and the knowledge base here is impressive to say the least. One of the highlights for me, over the course of our tryouts, was the first time that I flew with all six aircrafts for the entire Thunderbirds show. After flying that show I was totally exhausted and amazed by the coordination between the Diamond and the Solos. Hearing the authentic calls made by every member of the team made my simulation experience better then any other I have ever been involved with.

Once again thanks everyone and I am looking forward to the next time that we "Cross in to the Blue in pixels". :)
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:26 pm

I would like to echo Rocks post, being accepted as a member of the Thunderbirds is an honor.
Sinister

Post by Sinister » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:39 pm

Wow, all the hard work that started around this time last year has truly paid off. I dont think anyone knows more of what you guys are all about then me. Growing with you both from the STRAIGHT AND LEVEL days all the way up to Trail to Diamond Rolls and Loops.... to NOW!!!! an Actual Authentic Member of the Elite Virtual ThunderBirds.

This really makes me very very happy to see. Red has busted his ass day in and day out and Rock has really took the bull by the horns and wrestled his way back to the top of his game. Keep up the hard work guys.. and who knows.. maybe someday we might see one of you guys in the BOSS position..

Great job!!!!
Jarhead

Post by Jarhead » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:24 pm

Welcome aboard you two, I hope you guys enjoy your stay on the team and have a great time! They are both very positive individuals and will definetly help out the team.
Cobra

Post by Cobra » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:00 pm

I'd also like to echo the comments of the rest of the team. Rock and Redeye will make excellent additions to the Virtual Thunderbirds.

Welcome aboard guys.
Trapper-FreeBirds VFW

Post by Trapper-FreeBirds VFW » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:31 pm

FANTASTIC---I don't know anyone who has worked harder. This is great news and anybody who has flown with you guys know how much you deserve it. Enjoy the moment. Hey did I mention the new sign on bonus at VBA's :D