[2014-06-26] R.A. "Bob" Hoover Tribute Demo by Ray

Official Team News
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

[2014-06-26] R.A. "Bob" Hoover Tribute Demo by Ray

Post by Ray » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Tribute to flying legend R.A. Bob Hoover and his Mustang routine flown by "Ray" in DCS: P-51D.

The performance shown here was flown live Feb 16, 2014 during the first anniversary celebrations of the Virtual Aerobatics website and multiplayer server, a place where flight simulator enthusiasts from around the world can fly together and practice all types of demonstration flying.

A former airshow and United States Air Force test pilot, he's been referred to as "the greatest stick-and-rudder-man who ever lived" by Jimmy Doolittle, "the best pilot I ever saw" by Chuck Yeager, and "the pilot's pilot". He is considered by many to be one of the founding fathers of aerobatics. His lifetime of achievement and excellence creates a lasting legacy that will continue to be an inspiration to all for many generations to come.

To learn more about Bob's incredible career purchase a copy of his autobiography: "Forever Flying". Also, be sure to watch for the release of two documentaries: "Flying the Feathered Edge" by Kim Furst, and "Perfecting Flight: Bob Hoover" by Dan Birman.

http://www.thebobhooverproject.com/

Mr. Hoover has seen this tribute demo and said "boy, that was just beautiful, fine flying! I sure enjoyed it. Thank you so very much, I had no idea you could fly something like that on a computer, technology is just incredible".

I had the opportunity to thank Mr. Hoover for all he's done for aviation at his first annual BBQ Fly-In on May 31st at his jet center in Van Nuys, CA. This demo was playing on the big-screen, it was too cool! Thanks to my friend Travis "Bo" Munoz, the general manager, and pilot on the Virtual Patriots Jet Team for the invite, what an awesome experience.