[2011-05-05] "Dr. Sky" interview with Whack, VTB5

Official Team News
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

[2011-05-05] "Dr. Sky" interview with Whack, VTB5

Post by Lawndart » Thu May 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Steve Kates, a.k.a. "Dr. Sky" radio interview with Whack, VTB5

Listen in to the live phone interview recorded on April 27, 2011 between Whack, VTB5 and TV and radio personality "Dr. Sky".

About: Steve Kates– "Dr.Sky" has been engaged in the science of astronomy for well over thirty years, having got his first experiences while a young man from his parents, Bob and Dolores. His first true observations occurred while just seven years old, viewing the moon and planets in a ten dollar telescope provided by family members. The first real event he saw, was the 1966 Leonid meteor shower from his home in New York City, atop a tall building. This encouraged him to make the SKY his passion and has been so ever since.

Locally, Steve Kates– "Dr.Sky" can be seen on a regular basis on such programs as 3TV's "Good Morning Arizona" and Fox 10's "Arizona Morning", sharing the secrets of the night sky and other related events. In the radio realm– Steve Kates has been a contributor to such programs as KFYI's Wake Up Arizona and has been a regular with KXAM's 1310 AM radio personality Bill Straus, "Straus’ Place".

EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Wed May 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Whack,

That was fantastic! I, myself, learned some things I did not know. I am sure Dr. Sky was pleased to have been able to host the interview.

Thanks for the upload!
Whack
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Whack » Thu May 12, 2011 10:16 am

Thanks Reid!

I appreciate the feedback. The interview was a neat experience for me. If you go to http://www.drsky.com he has an archive of numerous other interviews with folks like Chuck Yeager, John Glenn, and many others.

Thanks.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Thu May 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Excellent interview! You explained it all very well.
(I missed one word though...VFAT) :lol:
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Fri May 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Whack wrote:Thanks Reid!

I appreciate the feedback. The interview was a neat experience for me. If you go to www.drsky.com he has an archive of numerous other interviews with folks like Chuck Yeager, John Glenn, and many others.

Thanks.
I will have to go listen to those. I have to agree with Frazer, you did not mention "VFAT". VFAT promotional officers are out to get you; you best run-run fast! ;)

Have a good one!
Ells

Post by Ells » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:17 am

Sorry guys, I only just got around to listening to this with a gentle prod from LD, lol.

Great job Whack.
Whack
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Whack » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:49 am

Thanks Ells!

Looking forward to listening to yours soon as well.
Ells

Post by Ells » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Well they're pretty similar in the fact that we both love doing what we do as do the rest of our teams and I think that comes with passion in both our interviews.

Crow has also done a podcast interview which should be out next week.