[2009-07-05] Movie Download: Virtual Thunderbirds @ VFAT '08

Official Team News
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:55 pm

@Shawn - It's always nice to download the entire file, but keep in mind, the Vimeo streaming is true HD, and if you expand to fullscreen, it's very difficult to see any difference in quality.
shawn

Thanks your help guys.

Post by shawn » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:34 pm

After failing few times to download your awesome air demonstration, I finally downloaded it. Thanks for all your help. :D
Leno

Post by Leno » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:47 am

I tried the download several times but it always hangs at 12% :(
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:02 am

Leno wrote:I tried the download several times but it always hangs at 12% :(
I'm sorry you're having issues downloading, please check out the Vimeo stream - I have watched it side-by-side with the original file, and can't see any difference.
Leno

Post by Leno » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 am

Thanks Gunner, already watched the movie 2 times in Vimeo Stream,
but the movie is so good that I want have it saved :wink:

Congratulations all VTB, presentation simply perfect.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:06 pm

I just did a test download myself and it completed without any problem. I hate to sound like that guy in tech support whom puts the blame on everything but himself, although the server and my connection appears to work just fine here. :?

I did notice in your profile it says you're in Brazil, so your connection has to go through a larger number of hops. That could be part of the problem. Secondly, have you tired downloading using a different browser/FTP client program? The connection may also be timing out if you're not on a fast service (ISP). I'd try a different browser and/or clear your cache, and start the download from scratch after restarting your browser, and then don't do anything else (surfing) while it's downloading. Sometimes, clearing out the history and cache, and restarting your browser with a fresh download will help, and unless your connection is blazing fast (with few hops), don't use your computer for anything else online while it's downloading. These movie files are definitely a little taxing on anyone's connection, so be sure yours is open. Hope that helps!
Leno

Post by Leno » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks Lawndart,
I did the download again so that now using a Donwloader Acelerator (Orbit) and worked perfectly :). Only when using the Download IE and it hangs on 12%.
Also tried Firefox and did the same mistake. Maybe it really is because
my connection has to go through a larger number of hops?

Thanks again!