[2007-11-14] VFAT 2007 - Schedule & TV streamed LIVE!

Official Team News
Frazer

[2007-11-14] VFAT 2007 - Schedule & TV streamed LIVE!

Post by Frazer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:19 am

Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams

November 16-17-18
This year, over 10,000 people will be able to joing our:

LIVE Video Stream
Home>Live Streaming

Backup stream
In case the main stream is not working propaply, you can join the live stream with VLC software..
After install, click "Open Network Stream" in the VLC player and fill in this link: Backup stream 1
Or this one: Backup stream 2

About the event
Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams is something like RIAT or MAKS; a big airshow where multiple virtual aerobatic teams perform their displays and show their skills to the international flight simulation community. It is the only virtual airshow (based on Lock-On) where more than one aerobatic team show their display.
This year, spectators from the whole flight simulation community as well as real aviation relatives like the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, Breitling Jet Team and Patrouille Suisse will be able to watch some of the best known and most talented Lock-On: Flaming Cliffs Aerobatic Teams through our Live Video Stream.

We'll need to switch between mods/servers/Ventrilo/TeamSpeak multiple times during the weekend.

Mode 1
JaBoG 32 (European server)
Teamspeak: 85.13.130.96:8868 Pass: euffi200
Server IP: 213.240.162.2 Pass: provided through teamspeak
Connect: Modem 56K
Install VFAT Mod: Check for latest update!

Mode 2
Thunderbirds (US server)
Ventrilo: voice10.hurricanehost.com Port: 3842
NOTE: The Ventrilo server will run the new Version 3.0.0!
Server IP: 66.165.113.43 Pass: provided through ventrilo
Connect: xDSL 128/128 Kbit/s
Install VTB Mod: http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/files.html

Mode 3
Blue Angels (US server)
Ventrilo: voice54.hurricanehost.com Port: 4355
NOTE: The Ventrilo server will run the new Version 3.0.0!
Server IP: 66.165.113.218 Pass: provided through ventrilo
Connect: xDSL 128/128 Kbit/s
Install VFAT Mod: Check for latest update!

Participating Aerobatic Teams

The Virtual Blue Angels

The Virtual Thunderbirds

Patrouille Suisse Virtuelle

The Virtual Red Arrows

The Virtual Strizhi (Swifts)

VAT White Ravens

Virtual Ukrainian Falcons

APA Squadron

Breitling Jet Team (Patrouille Virevolte)

Look back at VFAT 2005 & 2006
Last edited by Frazer on Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:41 pm

Moved the topic. Thanks for putting this up Frazer!!! :D
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:52 pm

No problem :)

NOTE: for the downloadable time schedule, pls go here:
http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=4 ... tcount=103
Rage

Post by Rage » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:00 pm

Man, this is going to be pretty damn awesome. Cannot wait to see you guys perform live VTB.
Credit to Sabor.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:44 am

First post is UPDATED.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:22 pm

@Frazer, once again YOU DA MAAAN!!! Without you the organizational side of this event would be a complete mess. Thanks for posting the "Mode info" (see top post). 8)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:35 pm

Latest info from the VFAT boards: There's an error on the Sunday schedule.

At the Virtual Swifts (3-rd Sqn.) it says it ends 1735 GMT, it should read 1835 GMT. This means everything after this demo will start one hour later than posted. Add one hour to every team's start time beginning with the Patrouille Suisse Virtuelle scheduled @ 1735 GMT. This show will start @ 1835 GMT and everything that follows one hour later.
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:11 pm

Hey I have a question: Will the streaming include the narrations or do we just keep open Teamspeak, or for you guys Ventrilo and just listen in? I want to be able to listen to your comms :) And, will this sync up with the streaming?
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:22 pm

b17tony wrote:Hey I have a question: Will the streaming include the narrations or do we just keep open Teamspeak, or for you guys Ventrilo and just listen in? I want to be able to listen to your comms :) And, will this sync up with the streaming?
The TV streaming will have audio and visual.

You will not be able to listen to comms this year (we're using a secure channel ;)); however, the music/narration is available via streaming. I'd recommed not listening to any audio directly via VoIP (Ventrilo/TeamSpeak), since it will come across with a different lag than the visuals. Use the streaming site, where the audio is synchronized with the video - LIVE!

Sometime after each performance/day there will be streaming replays available to watch on the www.virtual-airshows.com site from each performance.

Re: Comms, we're recording our comms and along with the LockOn tracks that will be available @ JaBoG's VFAT site sometime after each performance/day - so, there's a chance (?) that you could download the comms too. We haven't made a decision on that yet, but we have a few plans in store and you shouldn't be dissapointed. Watching LIVE this year, you won't be able to hear the comms though, possibly later on. :wink:
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:28 pm

Lawndart wrote:
b17tony wrote:Hey I have a question: Will the streaming include the narrations or do we just keep open Teamspeak, or for you guys Ventrilo and just listen in? I want to be able to listen to your comms :) And, will this sync up with the streaming?
The TV streaming will have audio and visual.

You will not be able to listen to comms this year (we're using a secure channel ;)); however, the music/narration is available via streaming. I'd recommed not listening to any audio directly via VoIP (Ventrilo/TeamSpeak), since it will come across with a different lag than the visuals. Use the streaming site, where the audio is synchronized with the video - LIVE!

Sometime after each performance/day there will be streaming replays available to watch on the www.virtual-airshows.com site from each performance.

Re: Comms, we're recording our comms and along with the LockOn tracks that will be available @ JaBoG's VFAT site sometime after each performance/day - so, there's a chance (?) that you could download the comms too. We haven't made a decision on that yet, but we have a few plans in store and you shouldn't be dissapointed. Watching LIVE this year, you won't be able to hear the comms though, possibly later on. :wink:
Yea I figured they'd do that because of the lag issues. Bummer on the comms tho. Well that's good less programs I have to have open at once. :lol: Oh well I can't wait to watch your show! And btw on a side note, the FAQ section said the next vid release was Q4 2007. Just wondering if I missed something. :roll:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:33 pm

b17tony wrote:And btw on a side note, the FAQ section said the next vid release was Q4 2007. Just wondering if I missed something. :roll:
Pssst, AFAIK Xmas is still in Q4... :wink:
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:35 pm

You just made my day. 8)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:05 pm

IMPORTANT for North American spectators!

If you're experiencing constant buffering via the direct link (web streaming), download and install VLC player and once on your computer just click the link provided below. I just downloaded and I'm watching now without any lag/buffer.
Frazer wrote:As a backup system we will use VLC software.
After install, click "Open Network Stream" in the VLC player and fill in this link:
http://live1.interoutemediaservices.com ... e21fddf1fc
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:08 pm

Wow you are my savior! :D :D :D :D :D

Edit: nvm still have considerable lag/buffer. It's hopeless for me. If it does this during your show I'm gonna flip out. :evil:
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:44 pm

wow all this lag and now it isn't even streaming :cry: Wish I could watch your show on your server :wink: hint hint :lol: