[2006-11-23] Movie Download: Smoke On & Viva Las Vegas

Official Team News
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:13 pm

Patrick's Aviation is now hosting the HD download of our movie as well. Click on the following links to download the 4 parts of Smoke On! (Right Click to Save).

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4
Canuck

Post by Canuck » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:56 pm

Canuck wrote:For those that do not want to download the movie, I have all four parts now available on the Gamerz Theatre site for streaming.
In order to control bandwidth and register hits, only registered members will be able to view the streamed movies.
The movies are in excellent quality. Double click the player to view in full screen, and be prepared to be blown away.
Buffering time will of course depend on your connection speed.

It takes about 10-15 seconds to register.

Hope to see ya there

:D

You can see the difference between the original and the streamed movie here
at the bottom of the page.
The stream is now available to everyone. You will find it in the front page. Don't forget to double click the player and watch it FULL SCREEN at high quality. Loading times will depend on your connection.
Wildkat

Post by Wildkat » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:43 pm

Got the four part version, watered my eyes completely, now I have to DL the movie as a single unit for DVD burn. Unless, of course, Smoke On is going to be available that way at some point in the future.

I've long loved the F-16, and was "just okay" about the T-birds, having seen them in many different a/c and over and over and over again when I was stationed at Nellis in the T-38 days. Even saw them flyin' Vipers at Davis Monthan last year. Cool, if not their tightest show. Then last night I saw Smoke On and it was like seeing the T-birds for the first time all over again. And you'll never, ever see visuals like that on the Discovery channel unless it's done in very expensive CGI and rigged to the 9's in an application like Lightwave3D.

Great flying, phenomenal production values and the best inspiration I've ever had to get my butt in gear and finish my Viper cockpit.

Since I've got ten thumbs when it comes to formation flying, might as well raise 'em all high for the VTB's. Thanks guys - "awesome" is just too plain of a word to describe S.O., but I guess I'm still a little bit speechless.

Lock On and Flaming Cliffs are on their way. :shock:
Trapper

Post by Trapper » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:24 pm

Finally, was able to DL it at work. Couldn't get it to DL at home. What an absolutely beautiful piece of work. You guys have raised the bar incredibly. Enjoyed it immensely. Will have to watch it several times. Cheers, Trap.
Dustin

Post by Dustin » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:37 am

So who is going to do a virtual Blue Angels? I thought about rounding a few guys together and making a movie with some warbirds like P-51s. Thunderbirds Smoke on is great but gotta love the warbirds too.
Dustin
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:59 am

We already exist my friend! Currently on the rebuild and going into winter training "El Centro Style"! :D :D
Phantoms Phorever!
lce

Post by lce » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:14 am

Smoke On ....... impressive to say the least.
Posted the news on the film on falcon5.nl.
So expect a little more downloads this month.

Hope to see you preform on the LLTM 2007.
Mouse

Post by Mouse » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:14 am

Hi all,

What you have made is the most professional video we have ever seen!!
It is just awsome, amazing camera views and the best demo ever!!
You guys are truely as good as the real team! 8)
Thank you for giving us so much enjoyment!

Rob and Jerry
Viperflight team.
Joker

Smoke On

Post by Joker » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:03 pm

I LOVED THE Smoke On movie. It is sooo awesome! Post here what u thought of it too! thankyou
Talon

Post by Talon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:06 pm

I had a chance to once again view your Smoke On movie today and I just wanted to state once more what an exceptional job you all did on this movie and in particular Lawndart. Kudos and best wishes.
spaz

Post by spaz » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:36 pm

I have been trying unsuccessfully to download Smoke On. Everytime it gets to about halfway, and then I get a "connection to the server has been reset". I don't have any troubles DL'ing other large files, and could probably DL it as 4 different parts, but was trying to burn it to a dvd to show some friends the awesome job you guys did...

I had it at one time, but it got lost in a computer rebuild somehow... :(
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:14 pm

You can try downloading each part separately by going to our Vimeo page. Once you click on each video, there should be a link to download the .wmv file (Right Click: "Save Target As...").

http://vimeo.com/virtualtbirds