[2006-10-28] Movie Release & Trailer: Coming November!

Official Team News
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:07 am

I am so excited to see this video! I am going to burn it to DVD and show the family.

The movies page has a spot for the new movie but it is not there? Is today not the day that it is going to be available? Is it to early or is it still uploading?
[SH]Falcon

Post by [SH]Falcon » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:46 am

Lawndart wrote:Look for the full feature movie link to be activated through the movie page approximately 2100 GMT (1600 Eastern Time), Thursday, November 23, 2006.

See us,
Raven

Post by Raven » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:27 pm

CAN'T WAIT! only 2,5 hours from now...
Towerboss

Post by Towerboss » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:16 pm

Anyone know what the download time will be aprox... I may have missed it if it was mentioned earler. I'm talking on an average cable or dsl download time.

TB
Preston "TB"
Air Traffic Controllers tell pilots where to go!
necigrad

Post by necigrad » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:19 pm

The 4 parts aore over a gig, so a while.
BonJobie
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by BonJobie » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:23 am

This will certainly be a bump for this thread, but I have every intention of doing so. For those of you who downloaded "Smoke On" and have it available I would like to suggest taking a look at it again...........like I did this evening. Now that I am retired from the Team I can look at it a little more objectively. Frankly it has been a while since I have watched "Smoke On" what with having a pretty impressive show to watch from VFAT '07. When I watched "Smoke On" I wasn't impressed so much with the flying we did.........it seems sophomoric compared to our VFAT "07 shows which were flown with much more precision and much, much tighter, not to mention MUCH BETTER NARRATION! :wink: (From what I have seen the '08 Team's shows will be even tighter!) But what I was completely impressed with again was Kris (Lawndart) Langdell's movie-making. Guys and gals, if you haven't seen Smoke On previously or watched it recently click it on, pull up your lawnchair, put on your sunglasses and enjoy some decent formation flying and some fantastic cinematography.

Once again LD, former Boss kudos and props to an amazing effort! It still gives me chills.

Old Boss Bon

PS: I highly recommend a cranked up audio system or headphones because the soundtrack and jet noice is incredible.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:01 am

BonJobie wrote:(From what I have seen the '08 Team's shows will be even tighter!)
Well, since the cat's out of the bag... Oh yea! We've knocked off a mere SEVEN minutes from last years performance seen @ VFAT 2007. The '08 team has a few shows flown with timing faster than the real '08 Thunderbirds to date! (Just like the real team, we have a new Boss too; Rock). I know you've seen the timing sheet for our maneuvers Bon, but for everybody else what that means is an incredible attention to detail in timing between the Solos and the Diamond. I'm looking forward to VFAT 2008 already! 8)

Seems like we always need a big "happening" to advance ourselves. In 2006 Smoke On got us to fly better, as we topped its performance the immediate months after it was released and kept doing so live. The VFAT 2007 movie showed how our timing had tightened up from the previous year(s) by a large margin, and (history repeating itself) we're now topping the timing seen last year by a HUGE amount while still flying as good if not better all at the same time. Evolution at its finest...

Only one thing is for certain. It takes 200% more effort to see a 2% improvement and the rewards come in smaller packages, however, gratifying, but only if you know what to look for. The average person probably think we're nuts counting seconds for each instance of the demo and beating ourselves up over being off by more than +/- 5 seconds. :lol:

As far as my movie making, bah! I will never be as good as some of the other movie makers in the community or in the machinima world. I just have too many balls in the air to focus on movie making alone... However, despite everyone on our team talking about wanting to show how tight we're flying now, there's a good chance I'll focus most of my energy in the next video on effects and post production. Staying true to the evolutionary concept here, why show what we already aimed for in the VFAT 2007 flick, even if we are a whopping 7 minutes faster now! It's time for something more refreshing boys and girls... :D :wink:

The tracks @ VFAT 2008 will reveal our timing, while videos ought to be drooled over! :P :wink:
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Wow what a bump! :lol:
Lawndart wrote:As far as my movie making, bah! I will never be as good as some of the other movie makers in the community or in the machinima world. I just have too many balls in the air to focus on movie making alone... However, despite everyone on our team talking about wanting to show how tight we're flying now, there's a good chance I'll focus most of my energy in the next video on effects and post production. Staying true to the evolutionary concept here, why show what we already aimed for in the VFAT 2007 flick, even if we are a whopping 7 minutes faster now! It's time for something more refreshing boys and girls... :D :wink:

The tracks @ VFAT 2008 will reveal our timing, while videos ought to be drooled over! :P :wink:
Now that's exciting! 8) I still watch Smoke On and VFAT 2007 like once a week, and now I'm definetley looking forward to the new-and-improved show (not that I'm complaining about the past shows :wink: ).
BonJobie wrote:PS: I highly recommend a cranked up audio system or headphones because the soundtrack and jet noice is incredible.
I definitley agree, I can't watch it unless my windows are rattling! :lol:
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.