For all Hockey Fans!

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
Atlas

Post by Atlas » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:33 am

Come on Rock, I am sure you have to have some interesting footage to share. :D You can even see some pretty neat things even at your local rink. http://youtube.com/watch?v=N-_AwyH099U&feature=related :wink:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Zata

Post by Lawndart » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:20 am

He should win the Conn Smythe for playoff MVP if Detroit wins! Not only for his offensive moves, but for shutting down Crosby multiple times defensively as well the last few games. This guy does it all! More shorthanded goals than anyone else, power plays, even strength goals and puck possession, best defensive forward and quite possibly the playoff MVP too...

On top of that, he certainly has a knack for highlight reels as well! :D

Zetterberg does it again

Amazing Zetterberg Goal

NHL Player Profiles - Henrik Zetterberg

Best of Henrik Zetterberg
Rock
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Rock » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:44 am

Nice Videos LD! Of course Detroit is my favorite team and right now it's great to be a Detroit Fan :D Zetterberg is amazing. Last night he robbed Crosby on the 3 on 5 powerplay right at the corner of the net. Total two way player.

I think this Detroit team is one of the strongest teams ever put together :shock: They might not win the Cup but there are very few weak areas on the team. I think that Detroit's third line is better than my home town Canucks First line.

Nick Lidstrom is perhaps one of the best Defensive players to step on the ice and at the other end you've got Holmstrom who is fearless and is an absolute thorn in the other team's side. But, what is really amazing is that there isn't a single player who doesn't contribute.

Next game should be great!!
Rock

Post by Rock » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:12 pm

Stepped on the ice for the first time since June and man did it feel great today!! Figured now is a good time as any to post a new Hockey link especially with the NHL season underway. The following link is a little more Ovechkin who is absolutely amazing in my books. If you haven't played hockey before it's hard to imagine how fast, tough and skilled these guys are because they all look the same, but believe me they are fantastic... Hope you enjoy this little clip!

The Ultimate Alexander Ovechkin Video
Rock

Post by Rock » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Nice... :D Goals

Top 20 Goals
Rock

Post by Rock » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:12 pm

Just to give everyone an idea of how huge hockey is in Canada, right now is an exciting time of the year because this is when we watch the World Junior Championships. Every boxing day is the beginning of the tournament and it's always cool to see who the next up and coming greats not only from Canada but from around the world.

Hockey Canada
Rock

Post by Rock » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Well, Canada won its fifth straight gold medal at the World Junior Hockey Tourney and what a ride it was! There is some incredible talent coming up from around the world and it's awesome to see the big hockey countries battling against each other.

The following is a tribute to our boys in red and white who we as a country are so proud of...

Team Canada Juniors 2009
Rock

Post by Rock » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:29 pm

Here are couple of Molsen Beer commercials that are so true. :D

The Code Part 1

The Code Part 2
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Don't Stop Believin': Motown's Journey through the Finals

Post by Lawndart » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Wish I was there tonight! The atmosphere in Joe Louis Arena will be unbeliavable tonight! 8)

"As the Red Wings face off against the Pittsburgh Penguins for tonight's final game of the Stanley Cup Final, we'd like to take a look back at the magic of Joe Louis Arena and how the fans there, despite many, many, many reasons not to, continue to keep things firmly dialed to fun. As you may have noticed, Wings fans have a little home game tradition, in which a classic Journey tune is played and a particular line is screamed at the top of one's lungs. Not every hockey fan has this opportunity, seeing as most NHL cities aren't mentioned by name in a rock ballad, or song of any kind, for that matter. Pittsburgh? Nope. Any Canadian city? Zilch. (Though, if you can think of any instance, in any arena-worthy song, where a Canadian city is name-checked, let us know...)

So even though there isn't, technically, a 'hood known as "South Detroit," we tip our hats to Wings fans for giving us another reason to dig their team and city."

Source: Don't Stop Believin': Motown's Journey through the Finals
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:15 am

Resurrecting an old thread here, but since I'm an avid Lightning fan (and headed to the "Crosby vs. Stamkos" matchup tonight - both tied for most goals last season winning the Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy), here are some highlights:

Steven Stamkos: Road to Boom (Episode 1 of 3)

Steven Stamkos: Road to Boom (Episode 2 of 3)

Steven Stamkos: Road to Boom (Episode 3 of 3)
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 am

Yeah we had a pretty memorable summer up here:

Best comeback ever in the playoffs:

Weirdest GWG ever:

Cool montage that CBC did at the end of the series last year:
Phantoms Phorever!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:43 am

Halak (the Blues goalie) just scored quite the highlight goal tonight... too bad it was in his own net, d'oh! :oops:

Some other top bloopers on TSN! (See the related links for more good stuff).
Luse

Post by Luse » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:54 am

If you look closely at Rhino's cup pictures where they are in the locker room, on the back board it says "Right Defense - Chris Pronger *In Orange Marker* is gay".
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Awesome video (and superb production with a music score that gives me goose bumps) of my favorite player of all time growing up: Peter Forsberg! Man, if he'd played during today's game instead of the late 90's and early 00's (with the neutral zone trap and rules of the time) and not been injured as much (a result of his dominant physical force and relentless play every time he stepped on the ice), he could have broken records of some of the legendary players in the league. Still, despite all of that he'll most likely be a selected into the Hall of Fame.

At his best, he was almost unstoppable and for someone being strong as an ox, he's one of the best playmakers to play the game next to Gretzky and Lemieux. He wasn't afraid to go to the net either and take the punishment. He's a total package; physical terror, passing wizard and stickhandling magician all at once. You just don't see this type of combination of skill and sheer strength in many players... ever!

REDR|RedEye

Post by REDR|RedEye » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Yeah I know how it feels LD! I'm proud that he is from Sweden! :D