Joining

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
lqcorsa

Joining

Post by lqcorsa » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:00 pm

Whats up?... Got anybody in the 8 slot yet for VTBs? Thanks! I hope that 2005 video is released soon!
Rock
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Rock » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:56 pm

Whats up?... Got anybody in the 8 slot yet for VTBs? Thanks! I hope that 2005 video is released soon!
Hi lqcorsa, check our pilot's page which has been recently updated and is very nicely put together. You can click on each aircraft or any of the numbers and you'll see who is assigned to each spot. Our #8 Pilot is Toast. The only available spot that we are filling is the #11 position. Currently we have one Phase 2 Recruit who is trying to earn that position.

The full movie is being worked on and should be out in the New Year. Thanks for your inquiry and talk with you soon.
Funky

Post by Funky » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:52 pm

Hey guys,

What happened to the practice flights? Me and Airchief used to fly practice missions with Burner and Toast... then they disappeared...
I beefed up my system- upgraded to 5 Mb cable, got FSSB, IRtrack, and Rudders are on their way here- I've also been practicing my a** off but still standing by for the practice missions here.

Funky
Burner

Post by Burner » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:34 pm

My Cougar is busted at the moment, and my internet connection is luke warm at best. I will do my best to get my end together as soon as possible, and get the practice/tryout flights up and running again.
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:22 am

aww its filled hehe. I wasn't expecting it to be open though thanks for the quick response. I'm up for practice any1 who want's to... Hey I saw that thing in my email saying a response had been made and things, so I clicked on the link and the site wouldn't go up, I even tryed typing www.virtualthunderbirds.com in the browser, did the site go down for a couple minuets?
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:31 am

OMG! The #1 Mike I think his name was, he's a captain of a 737!!! Whoa, he's got some skills, what airline? Aw man thats gotta be cool. 737-400 700 or what? Hey you guys might wanna check out this site: virtual.planepictures.net I posted a pic on there: http://virtual.planepictures.net/show.cgi?99940
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:21 pm

lqcorsa wrote:OMG! The #1 Mike I think his name was, he's a captain of a 737!!! Whoa...
LOL! You sound surprised. :D On our current roster 6 of our guys are real world pilots, 4 of which work as pilots for a living.

LD
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:20 pm

lol i know if i ever hav problems with planes , i know where to go =D
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:50 am

hmm, I guess my only question is how do you guys have time to do all your practices and things, unless of course you got a laptop. Hehe, course I can't picture somebody on final approach in a real 737 and doing a live airshow at once ;)
Cobra

Post by Cobra » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:29 am

I have a laptop ( A Dell Inspiron) and regularly turn up at practice using it while I am away on a trip. (Although the connection from Perth, think halfway around the world from Phoenix where the boss is hosting, can be dodgy at times.)

It's just a matter of making the time.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:57 am

lqcorsa wrote:hmm, I guess my only question is how do you guys have time to do all your practices and things...
Commitment
Dedication
and Persistence

Speaking for myself and the pilot members in general, most weeks I'd have on average 3-4 workfree nights to fly. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I personally never fly while on the road (laptop). If I did I could potentially be online almost every day, but unfortunately the Cougar, SH computer and my cockpit is a little too much to lug around, so it stays at home (no laptop would do it justice). Ironically, I say I never fly when I'm on the road and my cockpit stays at home, yet that's exactly what I do for a living when I'm gone... :wink:

Lawndart
BonJobie

Post by BonJobie » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:28 am

Ditto to what LD and Cobra have said. I am in Cobra's camp however: I, too have a latptop and I am able to fly well over half the time when I am on the road. . .and in the hotel room only! Like LD I don't lug around the Thrustmaster Cougar, I just use a "regular" stick that does well enough. When I am home it is just about every night. So, as you can see, being a VTB takes a huge commitment in time and effort. But the reward is huge, too. Leading these guys has been and continues to be a thrill for me and I never get tired of it. We have SOOO MUCH good stuff coming down the line for the virtual demonstration world that it will blow your socks off. All of that requires a lot of planning and practice but it will be worth the wait, I promise you. Thanks for your question!

Bon
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:04 pm

well personaly , sometimes i remenber and i fly all day , and at the end of it , i dont wanna hear ANYTHING about planes, but in the next day , i fly again.

Personaly , i dont think i'll ever get tired of flying, cuz evreytime is diferent.
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards