New guy here

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
TSgt

New guy here

Post by TSgt » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:11 am

Hey everyone! I'm brand new to the virtual airshow community, but it looks as if it's been growing for some time now! Man I'm behind! I found the community while I was doing research for our upcoming airshow at McConnell AFB, KS. The 2010 Thunderbirds Team is performing here at the end of this month, and I'm part of the welcoming committee. I found it imperative that I post here (and soon other virtual aerobatics forums too) because like all of you, I have an undying passion for aviation, and enjoy ALL facets (virtual or actual).

I'm currently involved in Aces High (DMTSgt is my screen name there), but have several hours in several other sims dating back to the venerable Falcon 2.0!

Like many of you, my passion for aviation led me to my current profession as the McConnell AFB Lead Technician (Lead Crew Chief) on the KC-135. I've been wrenching on aircraft for 12 years now, with 3 different aircraft under my belt, and a stint as a maintenance instructor mixed in there.

Anyway, if you're ever on Aces High, look me up I'd love to fly with you! Give me some time, and I'll have FC also! Looking forward to meeting everyone, and getting involved in this community of virtual aviators!

TSgt Scott Eidson
USAF
Check my what???
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:57 am

Welcome, TSgt! If you love aerobatics and military aircraft, you're in the right place.
Frazer

Re: New guy here

Post by Frazer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi TSgt,
Welcome to the Virtual Thunderbirds forum, and of course to the virtual formation aerobatic community! You won't regret your stay as this community is like no other.

Make sure also to check out the Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams, an annual airshow that brings together virtual teams from all over the world.
Website
Forum

VFAT will take place 3/4/5 december, so make sure you don't miss that! :wink:
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:54 pm

Welcome TSgt! As Beaker said, you're in the right place if you love aerobatics and military aircraft. Definitely check out the links Frazer posted, the virtual community is rather large.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Welcome Scott!

Would love to meet you sometime in Ventrilo (still a little busy with real life training ATM... but eventually). By the way, I think Ray flies Aces High from time to time, so let's see what he says about that...

Just wanted to say a quick hello!
Ells

Post by Ells » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:32 pm

Hey Scott, always a pleasure to hear from USAF and RAF personnel interested in our community.
I hope you can see VFAT this year as some excellent teams and solos displaying there.

Also check out the Virtual Red Arrows at www.virtualredarrows.com
You can see our VFAT2009 video on our homepage.

Cheers
Ells
RED8
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Welcome to the community from one guy who's been in the USAF for 12 years to another although I quit turning wrenches years ago to fly now. ;)