Battlefield: BC2

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 am

Yeah it seems very unoptimized for the PC - but it is pretty fun if you can get it to run smoothly.

Hey Gunner, do you know what video drivers you're running?
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:43 am

Lawndart wrote:I guess I won't be playing BC2 for a while...
You can just buy a single 5770 for now for like $169. ;)
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 am

Ray wrote:Gunner, I call BS on your 65+ FPS - what's your secret? :lol:
Here's that benchmark...

Keep in mind that is an average (see minimum number). At that resolution I get a slideshow occasionally, but very briefly and I just love that triple screen! These numbers are also from single player - have not had a chance to play M/P.
Ray wrote:I have the same kind of performance in XP 32-Bit as well. It's like it just doesn't like my hardware.

Oh well, at least I got a clean install of Windows and a 1 TB hard drive now, Laughing I'll keep looking on the net for possible solutions, so far it seems that it runs like crap for a lot of people with very powerful systems.

*EDIT* Seems that I've gained some frames by bumping my CPU up from 2.83 Ghz to 3.83. It seems pretty playable and fun now at 40+ FPS most of the time.
My only reference is 32-Bit, it won't even start in 64-bit. Maybe your bottleneck is CPU...I'm running my 930 @ 3.8Ghz with a single GTX 275 - If SLI makes no difference for you, and bumping CPU did, sounds like that is the issue.
Ray wrote:Hey Gunner, do you know what video drivers you're running?
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Ah, single player - I bet that's why. I've been quoting multiplayer with 30+ people in the server :lol: I haven't tried single player yet.

You're right about the CPU bottleneck, at least in multiplayer.
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:32 pm

Successfully upgraded to Windblows 7 64-Bit. Definitely going to try out some BC2 in a little.
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:21 am

Started playing the single player campaign tonight. It runs substantially better than in multiplayer - 60+ FPS pegged a lot of the time, into the 40's in a heavy firefight.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the overall presentation of the game, it seems very polished. The character models and their animation is impressive. The voice acting and dialogue is outstanding - and the cut scenes are also very well done.

The characters are great, I got a laugh out of that chopper pilot "F*ck dropped my smokes, f'ing Tuesdays man!" "Whoa RPG check it out man" :lol:

I just got off to a bad start - it seems to be a pretty awesome game so far.
dudeman750

BC2

Post by dudeman750 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:25 am

I played through the singleplayer campaign in about 2 sittings. Loved it. I thought the graphics were great and it played great on my rig-

Core i5 @ 4ghz
P55 Chipset
4g 1333 ram
GTX 275OC

I played the multiplayer twice so far and I am a general in BF2 and BF2142 (also played 1942).

I found the multiplayer extremely different. I was having a very hard time spotting the enemy. I made a great target actually. It kinda turned me off. Maybe I need to find a noob server. Anyway, just thought I would put in my 2 cents worth since I have about a billion hours playing 2142.

Maybe we should start a clan? I'm great at drawing enemy fire.
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:20 am

:lol: I know what you mean about being a target. I've been getting better though, I really like the light machine guns - I didn't think they'd be very effective, but so far I seem to be getting my best K/D with them.

It's really a lot of fun - I'm glad I got it running smoothly.

Btw, you can find me on Steam by searching for rchar91520@yahoo.com.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:31 pm

LMG's are so overdone in this game. :roll: They're just constantly abused.
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Beaker wrote:LMG's are so overdone in this game. They're just constantly abused.
I have always used a shotgun or small machine gun as a medic...LMG's and M249's are cheap kills and I don't respect anyone who uses them. :x
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:19 pm

My hats off to anyone who uses whatever weapons they have at their disposal to their best advantage. People always whine about noob-tubes, nades, LMGs and mounted weapons, but if it's in the game why not!? If it's a well balanced game it won't matter, it'll only make the player on the receiving end more mad (which really is just an added bonus)!

I get the idea of being skilled with rifles and pistols, but if the weapon is in the game and allowed in the server I have no problem with it or using it. It's sort of like CRM in a first person shooter (using all available resources). ;)
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Lawndart wrote:It's sort of like CRM in a first person shooter (using all available resources). ;)
Exactly, :lol:

I do think the LMG's are too effective / accurate - there's no way a LMG at full auto could be very accurate at the distances I've been getting kills.
Grab

Post by Grab » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Yes, LMGs break the game in my opinion. Especially the M60, it's a freakin laser beam.

Also, anyone who has been playing FPS on the PC for a while has run across hackers in the past, this guy takes the cake. If this isn't obvious cheating I don't know what is, I really hope action is taken against this guy.

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/Bu.Rogers
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:22 pm

This is awsome. :lol:

SilentEagle

Post by SilentEagle » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

We need everyone to post their BC2 names as you guys get the game. I only have 3 friends on my list and I know more of you have the game.

Here's mine: VPJT_SilentEagle