Battlefield: BC2

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
SilentEagle
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by SilentEagle » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Like I said. I suck at this game but here's mine. I need to add you guys.

Beaker

Post by Beaker » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Well you can add me. I only have the best name ever.

Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:19 am

I got bored and the EA server was down so I felt like recording some singleplayer.

Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:42 pm

That looks awesome.

I think I'm going to go out and buy another HD and install Vista and BC2, since my current install seems to be broken and won't let me install it.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:25 am

Ray wrote:That looks awesome.

I think I'm going to go out and buy another HD and install Vista and BC2, since my current install seems to be broken and won't let me install it.
I finally broke down & got it yesterday...Fry's Electronics still had Limited Edition copies. :D Gotta say I've never had such a hard time installing a game - after several unsuccessful hours I felt like I paid $50 to be a beta tester. Never could get it to work on my 64 bit XP O/S, but finally got it to work on 32 bit.

Once I got the game to load however, as soon as I got past the intro, (singleplayer) I was standing in the water spinning rapidly to the right. :shock: Turns out I had to unplug my Cougar to solve the problem. Anyone else with a joystick have that happen?

Because of the hours spent installing I didn't get to any M/P last night, but S/P looks pretty sweet!
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Yea I had that same problem with spinning around! You can actually keep your throttle connected but move it somewhere near the center will stop the rotation.

Be prepared for some unsightly jaggies as a result of no anti-aliasing in XP/DX9 :( Mine works in XP but I just can't stand not having AA.

Will be going to get a new HD today after work and then spending the night getting it all up to date/installing BC2!

I'll give you a ring if I get it setup before it's too late.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Is there not even an option for AA (or forced AA via your video card) with DX9? If so, that's terrible...
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Lawndart wrote:Is there not even an option for AA (or forced AA via your video card) with DX9? If so, that's terrible...
Nope, no one gets AA :( No way to force it at all (nHancer, nVida, config file, etc) it's really bad.

It's only an issue with this game though, I can run AA/AF in all other DX9 games.

There IS a way to change the FOV to your liking, which I was very happy to see - the default FOV is too narrow, which is a problem with most console ports - but at least they were nice enough to allow us to change it.
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:33 pm

The 1x anti-aliasing for DX9 is a disappointment. However, if you have a card CP that overrides the application (just about all do), the game does get rendered softly with AA. When playing, you really don't even notice the 1x AA because most the time your video card is forcing at least 50% of your AA setting.
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Interesting, I didn't notice any AA :lol: It's ok, I'll have it on Vista & new HD tonight! 8) It was time to upgrade to a 1TB drive anyway.
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:18 pm

When you start playing and taking in the graphics...the AA won't phase you. ;)
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:08 pm

It's the main reason I don't want to play it, it looks horrendous on XP!

I'm really not impressed by the graphics, in XP at least - maybe I'm just spoiled by Crysis :lol: It came out in '07 and nothing has come close to surpassing it as far as graphics are concerned.

BC2 has very antiquated looking foliage, and it doesn't even wave around in the breeze - it really detracts from the environment.

Alright, off for a new HD! I'll look you up later when I get it running.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Still haven't had any time to install BC2 yet (on XP), but I just watched the video posted above and my only question is: What does it take to make it look like that :!: :shock:

Tailhook, what graphics settings, OS, and puter specs are you running? I may need to build a new rig now. That was Sierra Hotel! 8)
Cobra

Post by Cobra » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Repeating my specs... i7 Core 8 Gigs RAM... GeForce GTX 275. It looks amazing. I'll post some screenies at some stage.
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Lawndart wrote:Tailhook, what graphics settings, OS, and puter specs are you running? I may need to build a new rig now. That was Sierra Hotel! 8)
Full high, no vsync, at 1440x900.

(not overclocked)
Windows XP 32-bit (about to upgrade to W7 64-bit though)
Intel Q9550 2.83GHz Yorkfield
4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX Class 4
XFX Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition
2 750GB Western Digital Caviar Black's

I built this computer just for this game. I don't get lower than 60 fps. :wink: