CoD: MW2

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Yeah I've seen LD do much better than that, but putting in much more effort and straight shooting than that video.

That is unless he was exploiting :wink: then he has a lawn chair setup on some rooftop.
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:52 pm

3,151 user rating votes on Metacritic brings Modern Warfare 2 to a rating of 2.2 out of 10.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:35 pm

I caved... :lol:

Gave myself CoD6 for Christmas, and despite some of the annoyances and gripes already mentioned in the community, I'm not regretting it. :shock: :D

The SP campaign was short, but awesome!!!

Special Ops is a fun addition and change of pace where you get to run short missions (single-, or two player) against time in various difficulty levels, and MP is overloaded with unlocks and perks as expected. I'm not a big fan of some of the things IW stripped from the PC version, but I will say that joining as a party to play on the same server is a breeze through Steam. It works almost exactly like Xfire and adding people to a party and joining a game isn't hard at all.

The only downfall I've seriously encountered is not being able to play the same map over and over (for the purpose of learning it, or simply because you like the map) unless you host a private game. IWNet decides the map for you, while you only get to choose the game type - that's annoying! This in turn has led to a very steep learning curve in MP, trying to learn all of the 16 new maps, while at the same time leveling up and unlocking weapons, attachments and perks to stand a fighting chance against the better players. The 6v6 and 9v9 games are perfectly fine as there seems to be more than enough action and close combat to go around even with fewer players, and it also makes you "dislike" certain people on your side that drag the team down (since every player is more important if they don't hold their own), hehe.

Server migration doesn't happen often, and usually only on less favored maps and/or game types. I've yet to see it happen in Team Deathmatch...

I will say this though, I'm having a helluva good time and it still feels like Call of Duty IMHO, only better looking and more difficult (for the time being)! 8)
Last edited by Lawndart on Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:50 pm

So, LD and Gunner swayed me into buying it :lol:

Downloading the multiplayer at the moment, will pick up the single player game overnight. It looks like a good game based on the videos I've seen on YouTube.
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:00 pm

Just started the campaign, looks pretty awesome so far, certainly feels like COD.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:39 am

Some good stuff, including guides and news.

http://www.mw2blog.com/

Some of the topics:

Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Guide
(How to not suck at Modern Warfare 2) by James Cavin

Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Maps
Pictures straight out of the BradyGames Strategy Guide <-- Very handy for multiplayer action!!! :D
Burner

Post by Burner » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:02 pm

I've been playing the SP and Spec Ops (2 player co-op) missions the past few days with friends on console and I have to say it's not bad. I agree with Ray Ray, it is definitely a CoD game.

That said I tried the multi on a PS3 last week and it was a messy frag fest where cheap and easy tactics seemed to be encouraged. :(
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:48 pm

Burner wrote:...it was a messy frag fest where cheap and easy tactics seemed to be encouraged.
Sounds like my kind of match! :twisted:

Burner, you know you want it and need it, so don't fight it. Answer the call. :D ;)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:47 pm

MW2 Multiplayer Map Layouts scanned from the Official BradyGames Strategy Guide can be found here.

Great resource to enhance your SA and for communicating to your team buddies.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm far from hating this game, but it sure hates me! :evil: I just received positive confirmation that my luck SUCKS in multiplayer. Got a Harrier through a care package and it didn't get a single kill for me. What is up with that? :?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Did you call it in to hover over an area where you knew enemies were? Usually (unless someone has a launcher) the location of where you call in the Harrier makes the most difference in adding up kills. Drop it over the enemies spawn and you'll see what I mean! :twisted:

The first Harrier drops an airstrike on the target, the second one in remains over the target area for a while using its cannon.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 am

Good resource for the Call of Duty series:

Call of Duty Wiki
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:15 pm

WHOA what happened??

Check this
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 pm

kotaku.com wrote:The news first hit yesterday afternoon, when G4 reported that IW heads Vince Zampella and Jason West had met with Activision, after which neither were seen from again by staffers and "a bunch of bouncer-types" showed up outside Infinity Ward's offices.
I think I know what happened! They played BC2 and can't come out of their shell. :)

...but by no means and joking aside, that is suspicious. :?
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 pm

LOL! :lol: