WhileYouWereDeployed.com closing

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

WhileYouWereDeployed.com closing

Post by Tailhook » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Got this in the inbox this morning.
Dana Lamas wrote:SITE CLOSING – March 31, 2009

After over 4 years serving you and our naval aviators, I have decided to close www.whileyouweredeployed.com. We are expecting our second son in July (what Ray is calling Dash-2), and that will be enough for me to handle. The squadrons have been notified of the closure and are sad of course, but understand. So far the following squadrons have put their merchandise on clearance so they don’t have to get it back:

VFA-105 Gunslingers – 25% off everything
VFA-213 Blacklions – 20% off everything
VFA-87 War Party – T-shirts $10 – Patches $4
VFA-125 Rough Raiders – T-shirts $12 –Patches $5
VAW-124 Bear Aces – T-shirts $10 – Patches $4
VAW-126 Seahawks – Coffee Mugs $2 – Patches $1
VFA-122 Flying Eagles – T-shirts $5
VFA-22 Fighting Redcocks – 10% off everything
VFC-111 Sundowners – 50% off polos – 25% off everything else
HS-5 Nightdippers – T-shirts $15 – Patches - $5
While You Were Deployed- T-shirts - $10
VFA-211 Checkmates – totally sold out
VFA-32 Swordsmen – no sale
Cag 14 – no sale

The squadrons listed above will not be reducing prices any further. I am still waiting to hear from the rest of the squadrons as to if/and how much they want to sell their remaining items for. I will announce when more squadrons put stuff on sale, but keep checking back so you can be the first to find sale items. Our last day for incoming orders will be March 31st, 2009. You will have until the end of April to let us know if there are any shipping errors.

STEELERS Discount 5% – Code: STEELERS

Well since Pittsburgh is Ray’s favorite team, we are offering a coupon worth 5% off anything in the store. Yes, even sale and clearance merchandise. No minimums or maximums. You can use the coupon code: STEELERS at checkout as many times as you like between now and midnight GMT on Feb 14th, 2009. We will not being giving out any codes that are more than 5% during the shutdown, so feel free to know you are using the largest possible coupon.

Conclusion

Thank you for supporting our website and our members in uniform and their families. Remember when you buy from our site, the squadron makes 80% of the sale price. Please tell your friends about our site. If you would like to unsubscribe from future newsletters, simply send an email to dana@whileyouweredeployed.com. Thanks, While You Were Deployed