Going to get this

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
johnrevere

Going to get this

Post by johnrevere » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:04 pm

Im so impressed with the Virtual Thunderbirds that i will be buying LOMAC this weekend, then i will be flying and trying to master the plane to try to get a position on this team! Going to say good bye to FS for a while :) Is there anything else i should get? (game wise like the other lock ons)
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:41 pm

To fly with the VTB you will need Flaming Cliffs Available at http://lockon.ru/

You will also need their mod to replace the F-15 model with that of the F-16.

Good luck Relearning to fly! :) You will figure out what i mean when you start. ;)
johnrevere

Post by johnrevere » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:50 pm

so i need both games?
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:00 pm

johnrevere wrote:so i need both games?
Yes, Flaming Cliffs is an addon to LOMAC. You'll need it, as well as the one patch they put out for Flaming Cliffs, to fly with us. You can get other info about installing the Tbirds Mod on our main page in the library/files section.

Its a pain in the butt but anyone who has worked with Falcon4 will be able to handle this task no problem.
johnrevere

Post by johnrevere » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:09 pm

roger i better save up money to get that addon, i couldnt find it at bestbuy and i have $80 in gift certificates there
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:53 pm

It's a minor hassle. You can probably find Lock-On at Best Buy or other stores for around $19 now, but then the FC addon (v1.1) will cost you a little more and is not sold in stores. Only avail online, either as CD or download. FC can be bought as a download version from www.lockon.ru or the CD version from naturalpoint.com As with any hardcore sim, there are a few fixes, patches and a bunch of things to setup as you install. Check the FAQs, Files section (readme) and more for info on installing our mod once you have Lock-On: Flaming Cliffs with its fixes. Btw, the fixes (and soon patch) is found at www.lockon.ru

Glad to see the enthusiasm!
LD

P.S. After initially posting, I checked Naturalpoint's website and they now offer the Flaming Cliffs CD for $19.95! Not bad, considering the download version costs $25...
johnrevere

Post by johnrevere » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:15 am

sounds good! i tried the demo for flamming cliffs and it was kinda laggy on my computer, do you think this will be the same with the full version of flamming cliffs and MAC?
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:24 pm

FC is laggy for me too. But I have a Geforce 2. So if you have anything better than that you should be fine, I would think.
johnrevere

Post by johnrevere » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:26 pm

i got geforce 4, with nvidia but my comp is like 2001
Stryker

Post by Stryker » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:40 am

Burner wrote:
johnrevere wrote:so i need both games?
Yes, Flaming Cliffs is an addon to LOMAC. You'll need it, as well as the one patch they put out for Flaming Cliffs, to fly with us. You can get other info about installing the Tbirds Mod on our main page in the library/files section.

Its a pain in the butt but anyone who has worked with Falcon4 will be able to handle this task no problem.
So there's a patch on "Flaming Cliffs" already? Will Lockon Gold and Flaming Clifffs still be compatible?
Last edited by Stryker on Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:41 am

My understanding is that Lock-On: Gold includes FC. Checking www.lockon.ru for updates and fixes will say which ones are for which version of the game and as far as compatibility, I'm sure it's not an issue since the CD version and download version of FC are compatible but require different patch(es).