CoD5 Beta Released

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
Joker

CoD5 Beta Released

Post by Joker » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:04 pm

Multiplayer beta client now available.
Activision has released the multiplayer client for the PC version of Call of Duty: World at War, a new first person shooter sequel developed by Treyarch Invention. Visit this website to obtain your key. Call of Duty: World at War will be available in North America on November 11, 2008, and in the UK on November 14, for PC, Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii.

Just sign up,
Activate your account,
And download the game and your ready to rock!

Enjoy!

Fastest Game Client Download: http://gamedaily.newaol.com/pub/COD-WAW-Beta-Setup.exe
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Smells like a Torrent. :evil:

Joker... you better start thinking twice before posting that $*@% because it will land you with a ban.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Looks like a public release to me. Followed the link to download via the official site and the filesize matches that in the link Joker posted. I'll be sure to check out the beta later! Unfortunately this title/installment isn't made by Infinity Ward though...

Thanks for the heads up on the release! 8)

I also removed your

Code: Select all

-BBCode Joker, because it serves no purpose in your post. (Code is used when you want to show someone the HTML or BBCode behind a post, so all that's written within the [code] brackets are shown, including the actual BBCode and HTML, hence the name - Not very useful for posting links with since they do not become active, or clickable). :wink:
Last edited by Lawndart on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Luse

Post by Luse » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:18 am

Viper101 wrote:Smells like a Torrent. :evil:

Joker... you better start thinking twice before posting that $*@% because it will land you with a ban.
Cool yourself, do some investigating before putting out accusations. :wink:

-Luse
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:28 am

I'm really interested in finding out how this compares to CoD4 in multiplayer, seeing as CoD4 (by IW) is one of the best games all year long and CoD5 (by Treyarch) has to follow up its great success.

At launch, I don't doubt this game will sell well (off the back of a successful CoD4). I just feel it won't have anywhere near the same longevity or popularity that CoD4 has obtained. After a couple of weeks, when the novelty of a new shooter has worn off, it could quickly fade away - even more so after the arrival of Gears of War 2 and other new titles.

I can't imagine this being as highly polished, refined or as well crafted as CoD4. A game which I think I'll stick with in the long run... until Infinity Ward release the next proper CoD title. (There's only one good developer of the CoD titles and it is Infinity Ward in my opinion). Treyarch should really try their hand at something else to get out from under Infinity Wards shadow, but then again I'm casting early judgement here. Anyone try this installment yet?
Luse

Post by Luse » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:31 am

I'll tell ya in around an hour when I'm done gettin' shot :lol:

But it looks good, but only time will tell.
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:26 am

Luse wrote:Cool yourself, do some investigating before putting out accusations. :wink:
I considered it a torrent because of the "sign up, activate account, and download", and by the appearance of the

Code: Select all

text you see on pirating sites. Plus, if you put in the fact that Black Shark was also cracked and put on torrents not to long ago..... :roll:
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:52 pm

Wouldn't be a torrent since it coming off of COD's wedsite, not a pirate website. You can go to COD homepage and see where it says, BETA is live click here.
Joker

Post by Joker » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Note: It's going to take a bit for them to get you your activation code because they're a bit backed up. So expect it within the week or so, if not sooner.
Luse

Post by Luse » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:16 pm

Well...

Just played my first couple of games, I must say this is going to be one for purchase, for me at least.

The Graphics are Very Well done in my opinion. The cool thing they have added dogs on certain levels which seem to kill you more than the other players.

Game play is smooth and intuitive, but having played nothing but Lock On for around a year and a half now. :wink:

Take it how you see it guys, I love it.

-Luse
Joker

Post by Joker » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks for the feedback Luse, Can't wait to play it myself, Unfortunately I still haven't received my activation code.
Thumper

Post by Thumper » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Luse wrote:The cool thing they have added dogs on certain levels which seem to kill you more than the other players.
The idea of dogs would be way cooler to me if you could actually play AS a dog. The satisfaction of racking up kills by mauling players to death would be right up there with knife kills and sniper headshots... :lol:

Imagine a pack of German Shepherds playing as a team... the bragging rights would be even better if you could pick your breed... rabid jack russel terrier, shi tzu, lhaso opso (sp?) or the creme de la creme, the vicious ankle biting poodle!
Luse

Post by Luse » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:02 pm

:lol: Indeed!

I must say weiner dog here :lol:
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:11 am

I've been trying it out, but I keep getting network errors. Anyone having the same issue?
Phantoms Phorever!
Luse

Post by Luse » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:09 am

Erm...

I haven't , it has actually been running awesomely, smooth FPS, connection always seems to work great.

A friend of mine was having connection errors. Is it with every server?