Reality Check

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Reality Check

Post by Gunner » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:21 pm

I was just reading a couple articles about the conflict in Georgia, and Sochi was mentioned as being close... I had no idea that my favorite base was two miles from the Georgian border!! (The white line is the border.)

Link to the map: click here.

Maybe I'm too immersed in this cyberspace flying experience, but I now feel a personal connection considering I "virtually" fly over this area often. My thoughts go out to the innocents affected and I hope democracy will prevail in a quick resolution.
Luse

Post by Luse » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Its a shame, I think things got serious with the shooting down of the Georigan UAV :(

Hopefully they can resolve their differences quickly and without heavy loss of human life.
Metro

Post by Metro » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:57 pm

I am flying with a former Soviet fighter pilot of 25 years tomorrow. He was an instructor in the MIG-21 and L-39. We start a 3 day trip and I have flown with him before. Very, very nice guy with a level perspective. He is from Ukraine. It will be interesting as to his take on all this since his country will be directly affected by the situation. I hope we get this resolved soon.
Nothing good can come of it.

Metro