Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
- Virtual Thunderbird
- Posts: 9184
- Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:36 am
- Location: Mooresville, NC
Thank you for your interest in the Virtual Thunderbirds. Please take a minute to read through the forum policies and procedures outlined below. Your registration on the forum assumes familiarity with and consent to all of the below regulations. Failure to comply with the regulations is subject to administrative actions.
- FORUM RULES:
These forums are intended for a general audience. As such, it is strictly prohibited to post material considered inappropriate for minors or discriminating toward any individual or group, including:
- Adult content (sexually explicit and/or relating to the use of drugs and alcohol).
- National, ethnic, racial, religious and sexual discrimination.
- Members must treat other with respect and tolerance. Material that is offensive, insulting or constitutes an attack against any individual or group will be subject to administrative actions.
- Administrative actions against forum members are not subject to public discussion. If you feel an action against you was unjust or otherwise inappropriate, please use Private Messaging (PM) to appeal the action to other forum staff members or the forum administrators.
- Posts/threads that undermine the actions of the forum staff, such as opening threads that are redundant, disruptive or deal with topics that have been previously locked, will result in administrative actions against the user.
- Threads and posts are to be on topic according to the forum section and thread title.
- No political disputes.
- Material and links to material that includes information on and/or promotes software piracy is strictly prohibited.
- Advertisement of products or services with links to sites containing dangerous and/or offensive material is strictly prohibited.
- Feedback and constructive criticism is encouraged when provided in a mature and courteous manner. However, feedback that is abusive, insulting or condescending is not welcome. Additionally, to bring up a particular issue repeatedly after it has already been acknowledged will be considered "trolling" - in such cases a warning will be issued to the author and the post will be removed.
- User accounts using a proxy are not allowed on this forum. Any such account will be removed.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION:
- Administrative action refers to warnings and bans utilized on this forum as disciplinary actions against members in violation of the above rules. A warning and duration for any single violation is at the discretion of the forum staff, but are generally based on the severity and number of prior violations. A user is also subject to a temporary ban, the duration for which is likewise at the discretion of the forum staff.
- Any attempts to circumvent a temporary ban (including the creation of a new forum account, using alternate IP addresses, etc.) will result in an immediate permanent ban.
- In severe cases, such as personal threats to the health and well being of a forum member or staff or endorsement and promotion of product piracy and/or spam, a permanent ban will be issued immediately.
- SIGNATURE AND AVATAR RULES:
- Signatures may include images and/or text. Make sure it does not exceed the stated limitations of 600x200x100KB.
- Avatars should not exceed the stated limitations of 100x100x50KB.
- Maximum signature height is 6 text lines.
- Empty lines are forbidden in signatures.
Staff banners are for staff members only. The banners are designed to easily identify team members. We reserve the right to remove any signatures and/or avatars indistinguishable with those used by the Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC.
- GENERAL GUIDELINES:
- Before creating a new thread, use the Search function to check if the subject has already been covered.
- When creating new threads, be specific in their subject title.
- Be respectful of other members' bandwidth. Keep image sizes down, do not quote images, minimize image signatures, etc.
- General use of "normal writing" practices is expected, including grammar and punctuation rules. Extensive use of capital letters, symbols, emoticons and non-standard text size, font and color is discouraged.
- Please check Private Messages (PMs) on a regular basis, enable private message notification. To do this, go to "Profile" > Scroll down to "Preferences" and place a check-mark in front of the option: "Pop up window on new Private Message".
for your support in making our boards professional and enjoyable.