Just Sayin' Hi

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
Tubs

Just Sayin' Hi

Post by Tubs » Mon May 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Howdy everyone! Just sayin' hi after a very long time. Thought I'd let yall know by January 2009, as long as I pass everything, I will get my pilot license. Like to thank all the VTB for some good motivation to go through with it. Anyways just let yall know I was still alive.

Jonathan
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 pm

Tubs!! :D Great to hear from you! Congrats on getting close to your private ticket, I'm sure you'll have no problem finishing it up...I'm very proud of you. 8) Please stay in touch and don't be such a stranger. :wink:
Thumper
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Thumper » Tue May 20, 2008 1:56 am

Hey!!! LTNS. Sorry I missed your IM's this evening. I'm glad to hear you're working on your license. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors!

As Gunner said, don't be a stranger.
Burner

Post by Burner » Tue May 20, 2008 5:35 pm

Congrats on starting the journey. Enjoy the lessons, I know for me the private pilot course was equal parts challenge and enjoyment.

Goodluck.
c130dcc

Post by c130dcc » Tue May 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Hey Tubs just wanted to say howdy back. I saw you were from Abilene. I recently retired from Dyess in 2006 where I was a flying crewchief for 9 years on the Hercs. Congrats on the license and I'm sure you'll do well, I'm origanally from Nacogdoches, TX.
C130DCC, U.S. Air Force Retired
Tubs

Post by Tubs » Tue May 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Oh thats cool c130 yeah I went to the big country airfest 2 saturdays ago here at dyess, and as usual a little dull :). The raptors had a "Family emergency", and so the only fighter that flew was the F-15, but still not bad. The highlight was the USAF paratrooper demo team. Not gonna lie it was cool to see the first time the little dots jumped out, but after that was the same thing over and over and over and over. Of course the B-1 did some fly-bys, and as usual never did any yanking and banking, or any good ear grabbing runs, but as you know I'm sure thats good ole Abilene.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue May 20, 2008 10:35 pm

Tubs, glad to hear you decided to become a pilot! Good luck and don't be afraid to shoot any questions our way (PM or otherwise). Several of us here worked as flight instructors before our current (couchy) airline jobs, but I'm sure your instructor will know better as we've been a number of years removed from the teaching environment and general aviation.

How far along are you? Let us know about your First Solo when the time comes! 8)
Tubs

Post by Tubs » Tue May 20, 2008 11:17 pm

Well my solo is fast approaching. I am at the point where my instructor just sits there and makes sure I am not doing anything completely teenager like, but not sure exactly where I am. Thats the best way I can describe it.
Rock

Post by Rock » Wed May 21, 2008 12:36 am

Great to hear Tubs!! I remember talking about this with you in Vegas at Aviation Nation 2006! Good luck with your solo flight and let us know how it goes :D
c130dcc

yep thats Abilene

Post by c130dcc » Wed May 21, 2008 5:27 pm

Yep Dyess never really knew how to put on an air show lol, but the one thing I will never forget is the people and how hard they fight for and support the military there. In my 24 years I had never seen anything like it. I miss it alot and I won't lie adjusting to civilian life has not been easy and if they would have let me stay I would have without a second thought. Anyway good luck with your solo and take care!
C130DCC, U.S. Air Force Retired
Tubs

Post by Tubs » Wed May 21, 2008 5:56 pm

Yeah going to back to Las Vegas this year may be a possibility. Except now the tickets aren't 75 bucks. They are 300-400, so makes it a little different. Now that I am older I could probably go on my own. I sure do hope I can go again, that air show is hard to beat.