Bringing I.A.D to a whole new level!

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Bringing I.A.D to a whole new level!

Post by Lawndart » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:42 am

So, here I sit... at 37,000ft, just about to round the tip of Greenland and south of Sondre Stromfjord, on my way back west. Currently traveling at a groundspeed of 537mph and contending with some headwinds, although truthfully I wouldn't know the difference and the cabin crew is really doing a great job of keeping my focus elsewhere whether it be food, snacks, drinks or just themselves. The day started with me signing up on the standby list hoping to get a seat back to New York on Scandinavian Airlines and I would have been thankful to just get onboard and even get crammed in between two strangers in the center seat back in "cattle class". Being polite and with a huge amount of luck and charisma I somehow managed to get a first class seat (without paying a dime) on an airline I don't even work for (actually took less of an effort than on my own airline, those "......."). Looking like a caveman, totally scrubby and unshaved, here I sit, taking in the finer qualities life has to offer at 6 miles above the Atlantic Ocean with the chef's choice for lunch, wine and cheese... lots of darn cheese (I keep having to run to the in-flight loo, which by the way has windows and multiple mirrors all the way up to the ceiling... makes you wonder what that person had in mind when designing the loo other than "doing your business class"). Finally and obviously, complimentary wireless access, so now that I'm bored in my recliner, already having seen a movie (Million Dollar Baby), I can surf the waves of the zero's and one's and satisfy my now fully developed addiction to the cyberworld!!! I fully expect someone to interrupt the fueling of my I.A.D anytime with either more wine, women or sweet music with complimentary cheese... (that darn cheese again). The only thing complaining thus far is my overinflated stomach, or rather the ensemble of gases overpressurizing the inner cavities of ones flesh and bones. I've been hitting the emergency dump valve quite a bit the last hour and it's a good thing my next door neighbor is sitting an isle away, cause once again I have to blame the cheese!

Okeedokee, later mates! LawnDart signing off from the rich man's seat I shouldn't be sitting in, but is taking in to the fullest! :D
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:33 pm

Cheap is good free is better. 8) :D
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:04 am

lol i better start learning :?
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
lieutfunaki

Post by lieutfunaki » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:25 am

LOL, meanwhile back at the farm Peter is working on the ramp of San Jose International Airport in record 107 degree F heat. It must be nice LD, must be nice ;-) Although I did get to taxi a Gulfstream which was a blast.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be good.®

Athlon 64 3200+, 3 GB DDR 400, GeForce 7600GS 512MB, 21" monitor