Pretender's letter / PLEASE READ

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
WE_phoenix

Pretender's letter / PLEASE READ

Post by WE_phoenix » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Hey everyone,

I have asked Pretender to apologize to everyone for whatever he has done in the past if he wanted to join the White Eagles. We all had 13 years old 1 day and we all did mistakes. He promised me that he would be more mature. Please read his letter, and respect him as he is starting a new virtual pilot life. Everyone can have a second chance.

Apology Letter

Peace!

- Phoenix
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:01 pm

All I can say is there have been multiple people banned over the last few days, primarily for not learning from past warnings and generally dumbing down the boards.

We expect member discussions and feedback to be conducted in a courteous and mature manner.

It's about time the instant gratification generation (i.e. today's youth with generally short attention span, seeking immediate response) learn a life lesson. We may or may not unban these users any time soon...
Luse

Post by Luse » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:26 am

Lawndart wrote:All I can say is there have been multiple people banned over the last few days, primarily for not learning from past warnings and generally dumbing down the boards.

We expect member discussions and feedback to be conducted in a courteous and mature manner.

It's about time the instant gratification generation (i.e. today's youth with generally short attention span, seeking immediate response) learn a life lesson. We may or may not unban these users any time soon...

Hey LD, what do you mea.... Ohh look A penny :P
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:21 pm

skru_luse wrote:Hey LD, what do you mea.... Ohh look A penny :P
LOL, we're usually pretty lenient about banning unbanning but even Budda gets upset after 2 times. It's nice to see Pretender manning up and getting serious about the dedication required to be successful in this outstanding hobby of ours.
Mach327

Ain't helping Luse!

Post by Mach327 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:26 pm

To find at least a part of the cause (or perhaps its an effect, who's to say?), you need only look at the media and childhood of the "IG generation."
Time how long the next disaster "brought to you by ---" news bit is and you'll be surprised at how short it is. Or watch a few minutes on a kids channel. Some shows are just disgusting.
Or when was the last time you were at a supermarket, hearing a young kid screaming for sweets only to see the parent(s) capitulate? (just about 45 minutes ago in my case)

I myself missed this early childhood, we didn't have cable TV and rarely got junk food.
I still can't name any more than 10 moviestars, and school is still too easy because everything's dumbed down. Even high school. Even Honors and AP classes, some of which don't exist because of a lack of demand and funding.
It's not really one single problem, but a whole set of small ones that combine. Every day, kids (including myself) are allowed to get away with more and more than previously, and this rather obviously isn't a good thing.

And it's just going to get worse.
Because what can anyone do about it?
Hopefully most will grow up before they become adults. :roll:

Anyway, glad to hear Pretender's started fresh. Best of luck Pretender.

Mach
Burner

Post by Burner » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:38 pm

No need to worry- it's the same thing that every generation has said about the generation following it.
Joker

2008 Revolution

Post by Joker » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:40 pm

i know i have been extremely immature...And i have been annoying to all the flight teams... redeye and shooter had a long talkl with me a bit ago...And ive had about 1-2 months to think about that...and ive realized that theres more than just voices..There people...they have feelings...and they deserve respect....I was really disrespectful to everyone.. i posted random posts that were unnecessary..ive don't things that i will regret for a long time... I hope that our future can be better then the past has been and i hope that we can know each other as freinds...And flying buddy's..Not the annoying little brat..pretender..So im apologizing for everything i have done so far.. Thankyou for taking the time to read this and hopefully we can start a new relationship.

Cincerly...Joker/Pretender

O and the callsign joker comes from the FSX Blue Angels because i laugh alot
Luse

Post by Luse » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:58 pm

Joker, Another thing that will make a lot of people respect you faster,

Make sure your grammar is correct :wink:
Last edited by Luse on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:45 pm

skru_luse wrote:...that will make alot of people respect you
A lot... like alittle? ;)
Last edited by Lawndart on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Convertible

Post by Convertible » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:50 pm

skru_luse wrote:Joker, Another thing that will make alot of people respect you faster,

Make sure your grammar is correct :wink:
Give the kid a break. He is trying to apologize.

Thanks Pretender for making the effort in trying to be a better person. That is the first step. The next step is to continue that and work hard to stay on everybody's good side by forgetting yourself and acting like a team player - where everyone matters. :) 8)

Convertible