Battlefield 2 is Out!!!

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
TBT_Piper

Battlefield 2 is Out!!!

Post by TBT_Piper » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:13 am

As some of you possibly know BF2 is out now. Enjoy if you have been in a bomb shelter for the past few weeks.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:16 am

This game rocks! Now I can finally get all my frustration out at the end of the day from having 3 whiners... oops, I meant wingmen behind me... :lol:
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:18 am

I'll be looking for you on the Battlefield, I'm sniper detail. Got my sniper combat ribbon today. :)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:21 am

News from EA Games:
EA and Digital Illusions Announce Development of Battlefield 2: Special Forces Expansion Pack

Award-Winning Battlefield 2 for the PC Expands to Include Covert Ops

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--July 14, 2005--Get ready for all out war with special forces ... Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS - News) and Digital Illusions today announced that development is underway on the expansion pack for the award-winning Battlefield 2(TM) PC game. Powered by the Battlefield 2 game engine, Battlefield 2: Special Forces(TM) brings the intensity and excitement of its predecessors into the realm of covert ops with the latest, most technologically advanced vehicles and weapons systems available to man.

In Battlefield 2: Special Forces, players will choose to fight as one of 6 different Special Forces soldiers -- Navy SEALs, British SAS, Russian Spetznas, MEC Special Forces, Rebel groups and insurgents. Armed with the latest Special Forces weaponry, players can take control of any of the game's 10 new vehicles to engage in major conflicts with up to 64 players. Additionally, persistent character growth allows players to continue to rise through the ranks.

Battlefield 2: Special Forces takes the intensity and quality of Battlefield 2 behind the scenes of news headlines, showcasing the most elite and deadly forces in the modern military world. Using accurate Special Forces weapons, gadgets, and vehicles, these covert armies battle to control key military and strategic locations.

Developed by Digital Illusions Canada, Battlefield 2: Special Forces will be available fall 2005 for the PC. Battlefield 2: Special Forces requires Battlefield 2 in order to play. For more information about Battlefield 2: Special Forces or any other title in the Battlefield franchise, please visit http://battlefield.ea.com
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:26 am

Makes me wonder why they didn't just put that into the release. :roll: