Thunderbird Video Doesn't Run In Windows Media Player 10

Sit Back, Relax and Chat about Anything
eagleone

Thunderbird Video Doesn't Run In Windows Media Player 10

Post by eagleone » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:39 pm

Hello Everyone,

I just found and joined your forum. Your formation flying is awsome. I would like to try out for the Thunderbird Team but it looks like I am too late. Maybe you will have more tryouts in the future.

I downloaded the Thunderbird Video and tried to run it in Windows Media Player 10 but got the following error message:

C00D1199: Cannot play the file

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
May the lift always be with you.
Dash

Post by Dash » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:44 am

I don't usually post in these forums, but anyway!, I don't know what the problem could be, but may I recommend Quicktime, Real Player, or Divx Video players to you? They will play the Thunderbirds Video correctly guarenteed. Windows Media Player is just a nutt-case! Good luck!

-Dash

btw, they are free
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:02 am

Go with Realplayer, it doesn't have that weird background noise. Also to view most videos out their make sure you have Divx and or Xvid.
eagleone

Post by eagleone » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:54 am

Well, this is strange. The Thunderbird video is a .wmv file which should play in Windows Media Player but for some reason does not. I tried Quicktime but it would not play it either. Windows Media Player starts to play the video, but crashes about 1 1/2 minutes into it with the previously mentioned error message. I am a little hesitant to install Real Time as the last time I did this the program was quite invasive and added a lot of spyware on my hard drive. Is this still a problem and if so is there any way around it?
Jarhead
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Jarhead » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:02 am

We are aware of this problem and should have it fixed shortly.
eagleone

Post by eagleone » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:45 am

I got the Virtual Thunderbird video to work in Windows Media Player. If you right click on the link to "save target as" to download the file, and then try to play it, it comes up with the above mentioned error. If you left click on the link, and let it load into the player, it plays all the way through the video clip. You can then go to Documents and Settings/ Folder with your name on it / Local Settings/ Tempory Internet Files/USAF_Virtual Thunderbird Video. Copy file and save to location of choice. Then it plays okay.

Cheers, :D
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:20 am

eagleone wrote:I got the Virtual Thunderbird video to work in Windows Media Player. If you right click on the link to "save target as" to download the file, and then try to play it, it comes up with the above mentioned error. If you left click on the link, and let it load into the player, it plays all the way through the video clip. You can then go to Documents and Settings/ Folder with your name on it / Local Settings/ Tempory Internet Files/USAF_Virtual Thunderbird Video. Copy file and save to location of choice. Then it plays okay.

Cheers, :D
Most people wouldn't bother with that Although this movie is very nice. :)
eagleone

Post by eagleone » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:39 pm

I am sure some people will go to the effort. It was worth the bother for me. Parts of the movie are outstanding, especially the "High Bomb Burst To 4 Plane Cross". That sequence is worth viewing many times. This raises flight simulation to a whole new level.

Cheers, :)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:10 pm

Only problem with the High-BB Crossover from the first movie is that it's hard, out-right almost impossible to reproduce with all 4 planes crossing at the exact same time. We come close almost every time we fly 'em, but one second late on the hit and you're off by more than 500ft. It's almost unfortunate that the first movie's cross was that good, but overall I will guarantee you that the second movie (currently in production) will be far better than the first movie in terms of precision, formation tightness and presentation!!! It doesn't even begin to compare... :wink:

LawnDart